New Mizuno MP-S ball opportunity

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've come to a similar conclusion, as I don't particularly like the Callaway balls due to the click off the club face, but the performance is much the same between them all.

Plus I don't think we have enough consistency to truly be able to distinguish performance differences. Certainly from my own testing of playing 3 very different balls around 9 holes I wouldn't be able say one ball over another was a clear favourite ( I wrote a tread about it earlier in the year)

Sounds very much like my own D.I.Y ball fitting I did last year.

Brought a sleeve of all the premium balls and played them for 3-4 rounds, settled on the Titleist myself, but agree that the performance is pretty similar even if personal prference (Feel) isn't.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had another crack with the Mizuno Ball last night.

same result, the ball scuffed to buggery. Now i don't have 120 MPH of clubhead speed but even with my meagre swing the groves took quite a few chunks out and even well hit mid irons left a scuff.

By the 10 th tee it looked dirty and there;s not much in the way of green grass on the course at the moment.

Performance wise i can't fault it, but looks like a dogs chewed it after 9 holes.

Last edited:

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Hi all

A winner hasn't been picked yet because we wanted to give people a chance to try the balls in the recently improved weather. Someone will be picked and notified the first week of next month.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi all

A winner hasn't been picked yet because we wanted to give people a chance to try the balls in the recently improved weather. Someone will be picked and notified the first week of next month.

From the other thread.......

Thanks again for all of your reviews. I have been through them all and couldn't decide between the top two. As a result I have picked two winners, who will receive three dozen balls each. They are Gareth and Greiginfife. Well done chaps, I will get the balls sent out to you today.

:confused:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was a 2nd lot of balls up for grabs for reviews posted in this thread from people not in the original competition who had bought the Mizuno balls to try.

See post #1 on this thread.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There was a 2nd lot of balls up for grabs for reviews posted in this thread from people not in the original competition who had bought the Mizuno balls to try.

See post #1 on this thread.

Ah, that makes sense.

That'll teach me to not read threads properly! :eek:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
£32.75 for a dozen is now available on eBay (had a tip off from a friend who decided to try them). I wonder if the price is reflecting a more realistic price point that will give them success they deserve.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
£32.75 for a dozen is now available on eBay (had a tip off from a friend who decided to try them). I wonder if the price is reflecting a more realistic price point that will give them success they deserve.

That's a much more realistic price.

I thought they had the pricing wrong when I first saw them advertised. More expensive than the Titleist pro V1's they had better be world beaters :D.

I think they'll get a few more takers at that price.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

That's the problem with ebay, something (anything) can normally be found cheaper. Not sure it reflects a "new price point" as not many retailers have lowered their price (if any). Best I can find at the usual suspects is Clubhouse at £37.99 doz.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
That's the problem with ebay, something (anything) can normally be found cheaper. Not sure it reflects a "new price point" as not many retailers have lowered their price (if any). Best I can find at the usual suspects is Clubhouse at £37.99 doz.

Even they have come down a little then.

When they first came out they were £39.99 everywhere, including Clubhouse Golf.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all

Come on guys, has the draw been made? I've been away for a few weeks and need to get some new balls now :)