Visit site
Oakdale and Knaresbrough are two of my favourite courses. I have a number of friends there. And in answer to Lord Tyrion earlier, he asked if you had played Flaxby Park before it closed. I played it about three times. A little weak towards the end, but otherwise pretty good. I think the 16th was a par 3 of about 85 yards, yes?
Anyway, banjofred, welcome to this forum. There are some very well informed and decent folk on here. The jury's out on a few others, however, I'm thinking that I am being treated as a Newcomer since I haven't made 3000+ posts!

Mandofred

Visit site

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's America....welcome to the crazy. Some of it's good.....some of it's Trump-like. I was just cruising the internet and found this silly nugget.....I'm the Fred Hicks at the beginning.... https://www.espn.com/golf/story?id=2533683&src=desktop
Well it’s the old “ you get what you pay for syndrome “
But I would agree the cost for some courses is eye watering and just not worth it.
Do you play the Banjo? Always fancied a go but never met anyone who owns one.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Best place on the world interwebbie thing to have your golf rules and etiquette questions answered.

But be aware - when you ask a question you will also get answers to every question you never thought of asking, that is in any way whatsoever or even loosely connected to the question you asked. But boy does it get fun trying to untangle it all :)

Mandofred

Visit site
Well it’s the old “ you get what you pay for syndrome “
But I would agree the cost for some courses is eye watering and just not worth it.
Do you play the Banjo? Always fancied a go but never met anyone who owns one.
Define "play"? Yeah, I have a parlor style banjo that I occasionally do some clawhammer on. Played violin, mandolin, octave mando. I've really been pissed at myself for not cranking the practicing/clawhammer up since I can't do anything else anyway.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Define "play"? Yeah, I have a parlor style banjo that I occasionally do some clawhammer on. Played violin, mandolin, octave mando. I've really been pissed at myself for not cranking the practicing/clawhammer up since I can't do anything else anyway.
Any sort of tune is an achievement to me.
As I get older learning anything new On my guitar is hard.