New lockdown will courses close?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see that the petition is set to be debated in the house on the 23rd November, I wonder if anything will change.
I suspect it is so close to the Dec 2nd date that there will be no change. Any change would also mean that the govt would lose face. What it will hopefully do is put forward the case for lifting the restrictions come Dec 2nd and also if we go into a further lockdown later on keeping golf available to play this time.

Mandofred

Visit site
Ours have said they'll open up so we can book the usual 7 days before.
Kind of strange how each golf course does different things with the dates. IFFFFF I had wanted to play golf on 3 Dec (Thursday) at our place I would put myself down tonight after 6pm.....just over 2 weeks before.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Kind of strange how each golf course does different things with the dates. IFFFFF I had wanted to play golf on 3 Dec (Thursday) at our place I would put myself down tonight after 6pm.....just over 2 weeks before.
Ours said on the closure notice they'd be opening the BRS as normal so we can start booking post lockdown. Subject to any government changes.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Even on Tier 4 restrictions in Scotland where I live, the courses are still open. However, you are not permitted to drive outside your local authority area for exercise, although an exception is made if you are forced to cross boundaries in the process of playing, such as if a golf course straddles two local authority area boundaries.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
On what basis do you think tee booking sheets should open ?
As before lockdown? Or guess that there will be restrictions, such as 2 or 3 ball only ?
Or wait until there is a confirmed opening date ?

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As before lockdown? Or guess that there will be restrictions, such as 2 or 3 ball only ?

Our club has basically taken this approach. Said that they're not going to open the booking until there's confirmation on golf being OK from the 3rd, and also waiting to see if there's group size restrictions.

Frustrating but understandable. Although I'm going to miss the excitement that came with having my tee time booked in a few weeks ahead of time for the opening like last time. That anticipation felt like Christmas!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No point in opening the books for 2,3 and 4 balls if your particular area comes out in tier 3 (or even 4 if they extend it) and only 2 balls are allowed so clubs revert to 9 holes only to get enough people on the course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ours have said they'll open up so we can book the usual 7 days before.
Ours has said we'll take bookings a week ahead of the 3rd Dec - 4 balls at 8min intervals. Subject to any changes that ongoing covid restrictions may require...

Plus to accommodate the needs of as many members as possible, the regular tee reservations for all gents and ladies roll-ups will be suspended until 10th December.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

Did post this in another thread but here seems better.

I'm not happy with mine, Open from midnight today to book for 2 weeks time, all slots to fill up if necessary. So a 2 ball or 3 ball will have players added to them. Non members allowed after a week. No change to intervals every 8 minutes.

Personally I only play with my son in our own bubble, don't want to play with strangers or people I do not know and be happy they follow the rules correctly. I appreciate they need the income but I need safety, my wife is high risk with holes in her lungs currently so it looks like I will have to play at my sons other course which I am not a member of until things clear down. It could be it is not as busy, fishing last week was a lot quieter than it had been so maybe golf will as well.

Not sure of the solution currently but I am doing my bit, I renewed in the middle of shut down and paid up, cost of around £1,000 I would liek to think it's worth something and not playing with 2 people I don't know while Covid is still out and about but it think its more likely I will not play there.

5OTT

Visit site
Cant really see us being open again in early December, can't help feeling they will extend lockdown by a couple of weeks at least.

I've written this year off already.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
No point in opening the books for 2,3 and 4 balls if your particular area comes out in tier 3 (or even 4 if they extend it) and only 2 balls are allowed so clubs revert to 9 holes only to get enough people on the course.

We were in Tier 3 before the latest lockdown, but weren't limited to 2 balls so hoping we wouldn't be come 3rd December.

Bermuda

Visit site
I have lived for 23 years in what has only ever been deemed in today's world tier1, and I just moved to another tier 1 area that is close to tier f Ing zero, the courses are shut, what a load of shxt