New laptop needed

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why do you want to get away from a Macbook?

I've had mine for 8 years and it's still going strong. I bought one for my daughter at the same time, and it's the same.

My previous experience of Windows laptops was that they tended to go downhill fast performance wise after about 3 years. I used one every day for work for about 20 years as well as having them at home.

The Macbook was a higher initial cost but I reckon we'd be on our third laptop by now, so it's worked cheaper in the long run.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I bought myself a small Lenovo Laptop from ITZOO for £125 end of last year. Good enough for me for browsing the internet, sending emails and basic office work, documents and spreadsheets. 256GB SSD, 8GB storage and runs Windows 11 no problem. I don't need anything more powerful.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I bought myself a small Lenovo Laptop from ITZOO for £125 end of last year. Good enough for me for browsing the internet, sending emails and basic office work, documents and spreadsheets. 256GB SSD, 8GB storage and runs Windows 11 no problem. I don't need anything more powerful.
What processor and how long does it take to start up?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’d be interested in how much of your 256 Gb you have left

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I’d be interested in how much of your 256 Gb you have left
Just checked. Still have 142GB free of 237GB. I have set up file explorer with a link to my Google Drive so I just use that for all my files. I don't have much on it apart from BitDefender Total Security, Libre Office and the HP printer software plus browser software. It's easy to manage.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
What processor and how long does it take to start up?
It's an SSD so boots up quickly. Boots up in about 35 seconds to login. Another 5-10 seconds after login to be ready to use.
If you look via HotUKDeals, they come up from time to time with up to 25% off. They've gone up a bit now. Just checked, I actually paid £128. It's a great little laptop. A scratch on the lid, but that doesn't bother me.
Lenovo X280 i5-8350U Grade B

Lenovo .png

Last edited: