New Job, New Car

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So ive just received a promotion at work (Yay:clap:) But it means my commute has pretty much doubled so im looking at investing a new car. I need something thats pretty economical, around the midsize Hatchback. Potentially looking for a diesel as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 23270

Some of the larger variants of the Mini are pretty spacious inside and the diesels give fantastic MPG. Also very nice to drive. A mate of mine had a Polo Bluemotion and that ran everywhere on fumes.

G

guest100718

So ive just received a promotion at work (Yay:clap:) But it means my commute has pretty much doubled so im looking at investing a new car. I need something thats pretty economical, around the midsize Hatchback. Potentially looking for a diesel as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Porsche GT3?

or a Ford Focus

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kia Cee'd or Hyundai i30.
Both have the same 1.6 diesel which is very reliable, very economical & come with great warranties.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just changed to a diesel 1.6 focus, I get 48 mpg, I find it fine, it's not a wow car it's just practical. I had a civic before, I loved it, great car but was petrol so only got 34 mpg, the price for the diesel over the Ford was too much to justify for me but if it hadn't been I would have went for the Honda.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Toyota Auris. Economical, reliable, big boot to store the golf clubs. Highly recommend.

Don't get the hybrid version! Battery takes up most of the big boot.. inside is a bit cramped compared to my other car (Honda civic) which also has a massive massive boot...... can fit in the clubs without taking the driver out