New Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wouldn't the money be better spent on some lessons?

Swing in a good place ta. Several of the weights in the I25's have now come out (and lost) and they are looking tired. Not got too much cash to throw at a different set so going with something similar and that I know I like to look of. Once in that Aladdins cave though anything may happen and may not even be Ping I buy

D

Deleted member 1418

I'm changing my irons tomorrow. I'm going back from a Morphy Richards to a Tefal. I've found a Tefal is better for my work shirts.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just switched out my JPX900F with the same shafts for the P790s. I tried the AP3 and TMs and they were both really nice. I juts hit the TMs slightly better and they felt slightly better although there wasn't much in it.

Did you find the JPX flew a lot lower than the others you tried. It was the only flaw with mine
flight for me was quite high but think this is the shaft.
I have a low ball flight and told fitter I wanted higher flight.
Didnt like the lofts on AP3 to strong 43* wedge would leave a huge gap.
Have always liked Mizuno irons and was sold on these as soon as I hit them.
Never been a Taylormade fan can’t say why just never tried many.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
790’s look nice but I’d never be able to hit them consistently. 770’s are very good, in the little I’ve played with them I’ve no complaints

790's are bigger and should be easier to hit than the 770's.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
flight for me was quite high but think this is the shaft.
I have a low ball flight and told fitter I wanted higher flight.
Didnt like the lofts on AP3 to strong 43* wedge would leave a huge gap.
Have always liked Mizuno irons and was sold on these as soon as I hit them.
Never been a Taylormade fan can’t say why just never tried many.

thats strange, I had the same shaft in mine and the difference in flight between the Mizunos and TMs was night and day. I did love the mizunos other than that issue. You won’t have much to complain about if you’re happy with the flight

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Swing in a good place ta. Several of the weights in the I25's have now come out (and lost) and they are looking tired. Not got too much cash to throw at a different set so going with something similar and that I know I like to look of. Once in that Aladdins cave though anything may happen and may not even be Ping I buy

yeah id be rushing to buy another set of their irons lol, that or something with better build quality :)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was buying some tomorrow. I’d go for some wilson fg tour v6’s, fg tour 100. Or callaway Apex mb. Buy something pretty

D

Deleted member 1147

I had a Titleist fitting late last year. The AP2s were fantastic, the only thing I could find was that some clubs may go a bit further, but I don’t feel that is more important than good iron play in general.
I will be trying TM and Cally when they have fittings at the club however.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I noticed some weights had come out of my i20's that are a few years old now. My Pro sent them back and they replaced the weights free of charge.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well tried some other irons today - the Mp18’s SC - very nice , just need to now compare them to the TM and Titleist- MP are lovely looking clubs

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
thats strange, I had the same shaft in mine and the difference in flight between the Mizunos and TMs was night and day. I did love the mizunos other than that issue. You won’t have much to complain about if you’re happy with the flight
it really depends how you deliver the loft of the club to the ball .
I have quite a forward press so drive the ball forward but get loads of spin .
I know that should mean more height but it’s never worked like that.
The LZ shaft just flights the ball for me.

No two players flight the ball the same even with the same clubs.
There must be something in the heads to give you different flights with the same shaft , were the lofts the same? As some OEMs lofts now are getting silly !
AP3s 43* pitching wedge where Mizuno is 47*. They are chalk and cheese.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
it really depends how you deliver the loft of the club to the ball .
I have quite a forward press so drive the ball forward but get loads of spin .
I know that should mean more height but it’s never worked like that.
The LZ shaft just flights the ball for me.

No two players flight the ball the same even with the same clubs.
There must be something in the heads to give you different flights with the same shaft , were the lofts the same? As some OEMs lofts now are getting silly !
AP3s 43* pitching wedge where Mizuno is 47*. They are chalk and cheese.

the lofts are pretty much the same, I think the 7 iron is .5 degree stronger on the P790s. I'm sure the PW on the TM and the Mizunos are both 45 degrees