New Irons

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Or 2nd hand as the case may be...
Not sure what to do here.
I've had Callaway X20-s for a while now and to be honest they're starting to look a bit like shovels at address if you know what I mean. So its time for a change.
my problem is this. I was fitted for a set of Ping i3's way back and I was advised that I was Red Spot lie, standard everything else. Got the clubs and they took ages to get used to as I'd been an off-the-shelf buyer before. PLayed ok with them but never sparkling. Anyway a few years later the chance came to get a set of X-20's in standard/regular set-up and I took the plunge. And all of a sudden ball-striking was better, accuracy and control was back the way it was before the Pings. Ok some of it will be down to the extra forgiveness etc of the Callaway's but not all.
So, the chance to upgrade to X-20 Tour irons is coming my way via Golfbidder. Smaller heads but loads of forgiveness but 2nd hand (in good nick though!). I also like the look of the Ping I10's but I'm really not sure about going to get fitted - if they send me back to a red spot will my game actually suffer seeing as how I've played standard clubs for years. Good thing with Ping is that I only need to buy what I need and not worry about a 3 iron.
So.... Do I go for the Callaways or the Pings??? Can't really sat there are any other irons out there that float my boat looks wise so this looks like my option.
Answers on a postcard please....

D

Deleted member 1147

Are the Pings fitted just based on measurements (like you can do on-line) or for your actual stance and swing?