New Hybrid

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My Taylormade 07 Burner has been misbehaving for a while aand yesterday enough was enough. It sit slightly closed (draw bias) but with my teaching pro getting me to hit it much better over the winter this bias exaggerates the draw spin I can now create for myself and all it does is hit big, big hooks. I'm constantly fighting it going left and have zero confidence in it.

I really wanted to like the TM ones but in the end the big winner was the Ping I15 with Mamiya AXIVcore Tour Red 85 shaft in stiff. Much longer than anything else I tried (and I tried a lot) with a beautiful and powerful flight and still forgiving enough. this does of course mean that with me hitting th big 45 on Thursday and finally going over to the Ping side that old man syndrome has finally caught up with me. Can't wait to try it out in anger at Windlesham on Friday.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Im 25 and have a Ping Driver, wood and hybrid. Would of brought the G15 irons as well but didnt try a set until after I brought the Cobras

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Erm, is this forum sponsored by Ping or something? I'm starting to feel the Ping pull so I don't get left out :)

You know it makes sense. If you're not Titleist, Ping or Mizuno you're not coming in :D

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Taylormade 07 Burner has been misbehaving for a while aand yesterday enough was enough. It sit slightly closed (draw bias) but with my teaching pro getting me to hit it much better over the winter this bias exaggerates the draw spin I can now create for myself and all it does is hit big, big hooks. I'm constantly fighting it going left and have zero confidence in it.

I really wanted to like the TM ones but in the end the big winner was the Ping I15 with Mamiya AXIVcore Tour Red 85 shaft in stiff. Much longer than anything else I tried (and I tried a lot) with a beautiful and powerful flight and still forgiving enough. this does of course mean that with me hitting th big 45 on Thursday and finally going over to the Ping side that old man syndrome has finally caught up with me. Can't wait to try it out in anger at Windlesham on Friday.

Nice one Homer....Change the Sig...
I have the 21 degree and its a peach to hit...I found it much easier to hit than the G15 for some weeird reason...Probably the looks.

It'll be the Irons next so i suppose... :D :D :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A new club, but you're giving up soon Homer :D ;)

Probably giving up I think I said and yesterday did nothing to quell that feeling. However with a pre-paid lesson due on Tuesday (booked in April before it I got disenchanted) and several days out to enjoy with GM forummers why not. The TM is not behaving anymore and it was birthday money anyway. If I do give up I'll probably get good resale on it as it won't have been used much. We'll just see what happens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You old git. You have changed mate. Miss you x

What you doing lurking on here. Not getting the bug again are you. Thought you were all loved up and too busy with the new missus to play. Do miss the crack with you though so if you do fancy a game some time would be great to play again

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Is it the 20 degree loft Homer?
I tried the 17 with the snme shaft when Fragger was experimenting with hybrids and i had real trouble getting enough speed behind the ball to get it in the air. Very low trajectory for me.
Still, if it works - don't knock it.