New Handicap -UK

Teebs

Visit site
Christ, you lot are hardwork. :)

I've played for about 28 years or so, got down to 5 handicap back in 2014/15 but then dropped to only playing a dozen times a year or so. The club can't re-establish my handicap from 2015 (same club I was a member of) so I have to go through the process.

I have no doubt that my index will go up from 1.8 by the time I get 20 cards.
Worst round this year has been +7, best has been 2 rounds at level gross.

The WHS is new to me hence the questions..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've played for about 28 years or so, got down to 5 handicap back in 2014/15 but then dropped to only playing a dozen times a year or so. The club can't re-establish my handicap from 2015 (same club I was a member of) so I have to go through the process.

I am presuming you left the club for a period so lost your handicap

Did you ever get a certificate for your Handicap back then? (England Gold issued credit card sized ones) as this will show your CDH number. The WHS number is the same as the CDH number

DSCN4595.JPG

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I guessed that there would be a bit of a ‘backstory’ to your question 👍

In fact I was in a similar situation as I had an eight year break from club membership after we moved across country. I guess my new club checked out my claim of a handicap of 8 and didn’t just take my word for it, as that’s what they gave me. In truth it was too low after such a break, only playing a handful of rounds a year, and it soon drifted up as cards went in.

Teebs

Visit site
I am presuming you left the club for a period so lost your handicap

Did you ever get a certificate for your Handicap back then? (England Gold issued credit card sized ones) as this will show your CDH number. The WHS number is the same as the CDH number

View attachment 47504

Hi

Yes, left for around 8 years or so and didn't join another club. I do have a WHS number, logged on to the EG App and it says "pending" for WHS Index. Not sure I ever received the above.
Thanks

Teebs

Visit site
I guessed that there would be a bit of a ‘backstory’ to your question 👍

In fact I was in a similar situation as I had an eight year break from club membership after we moved across country. I guess my new club checked out my claim of a handicap of 8 and didn’t just take my word for it, as that’s what they gave me. In truth it was too low after such a break, only playing a handful of rounds a year, and it soon drifted up as cards went in.

Yes, perhaps I should have given the backstory first! I did keep playing during the gap but never had any focus on it, few games here and there. My biggest barrier to get down to a lower handicap was my putting which I have worked pretty hard on for the past 9 months or so and it's started to bear fruit.