New GPS Wanted

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I have somehow managed to break the screen on my Skycaddie Aire GPS,and now loooking for a replacement,
Any recomendations on which to purchase, I also use a Nikon Coolshot from 150yrds in, so looking for something with just basic yardages,
Any good deals about,
Thanks

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have somehow managed to break the screen on my Skycaddie Aire GPS,and now loooking for a replacement,
Any recomendations on which to purchase, I also use a Nikon Coolshot from 150yrds in, so looking for something with just basic yardages,
Any good deals about,
Thanks

Hi,

Just in case your interested I've got a G6 Approach for sale.

images

It has done me for 2 years well, but Ive gone down the laser and watch route now.

I think it was over £300 new, and the graphics are great and everything else you could need. One charge can normally get 3 rounds out of it. All round a great GPS.

£95 posted to a fellow forummer.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi,

Just in case your interested I've got a G6 Approach for sale.

images

It has done me for 2 years well, but Ive gone down the laser and watch route now.

I think it was over £300 new, and the graphics are great and everything else you could need. One charge can normally get 3 rounds out of it. All round a great GPS.

£95 posted to a fellow forummer.

Cheers for the offer,
Not sure about the Garmin,only ever used Skycaddie in the past, but I will check with my mate as I am sure thats what he uses.
Will come come bac to you
Cheers

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the offer,
Not sure about the Garmin,only ever used Skycaddie in the past, but I will check with my mate as I am sure thats what he uses.
Will come come bac to you
Cheers

No probs, Ive had 2 Garmins and they are boss. No subscription either.

PM me if you are interested, as dont always look in this section.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the same Garmin G6 as being offered above. Great piece of kit, yardage is always accurate (compared to my friends different devices), battery lasts 3/4 rounds, courses are updated regularly and I have never had one out of date.

The screen is awesome and gives a good representation of the hole and hazards. Can get distances to anything you want and can zoom in to certain areas.

It does have more functionality such as score card and club selection but I have never used either. And by what you said in the OP, i guess that may be too much functionality, but for £95, you wont get much else cheaper anyway. There is the Bushnell Neo which is just yardages to front, middle and back but that is £90 new and doesn't have hazard distances etc

D

Deleted Member 1156

Motocaddy have an excellent FREE app for smartphones which gives great detail. I've tried it a couple of times and if I switch the display off between shots it only uses about 10% of my battery for 18 holes. With such good apps available for free I don't see the point in paying for a device.