Range Finders

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,
Looking at getting a range finder , don't want to pay a fortune, anyone use and can review one of the cheaper ones please .
Not bothered if people think they are only for low handicappers, as need to use it on a lot of blind shots and when I can't use my trolley as it has GPS on it.

Thanks for any help .

Midnight.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi all,
Looking at getting a range finder , don't want to pay a fortune, anyone use and can review one of the cheaper ones please .
Not bothered if people think they are only for low handicappers, as need to use it on a lot of blind shots and when I can't use my trolley as it has GPS on it.

Thanks for any help .

Midnight.

Won’t go wrong with this mate

This is decent as well

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I bought a mint condition Bushnell X2 (Inc like new cover and battery) last week for £170 in an auction on eBay. Great bit of kit for the money, I compared it to my Amazon special and while they were reasonably close measurement wise, the Bushnell locked onto the flag far faster, has the red display for poor light conditions and is fully waterproof. Branded pre used would be my recommendation.

Albo

Visit site
Thought range finders were not useful for blind shots?!

Brother in law has a decathalon one which he likes , it doesn’t see round corners or over trees or anything

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Can’t beat a bushnell but the shot scope is getting rave reviews and is a great price. I vouch my bushnell brand new about 10 years ago and just won’t break.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought range finders were not useful for blind shots?!

Brother in law has a decathalon one which he likes , it doesn’t see round corners or over trees or anything
Perhaps blind shots was the wrong wording , I meant if I am hitting to the top of a hill etc or can see something that I would like a distance to that would help.
I'm not the brightest of people but I had figured out that they don't see round corners 👍🏿👍🏿😂😂

Albo

Visit site
Perhaps blind shots was the wrong wording , I meant if I am hitting to the top of a hill etc or can see something that I would like a distance to that would help.
I'm not the brightest of people but I had figured out that they don't see round corners 👍🏿👍🏿😂😂
I totally understood 👍

Visit site
I’m a sucker for the brand names but I can’t see you regretting or going wrong with purchasing a Bushnell. You pay a wedge of money, but (kind of like galvin green waterproofs) you buy it nice or you buy it twice…

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bought the youth a Mileseey off Amazon, think it was about £90 - has slope on it which can be turned on and off - seems to work well. Remember, range finders don't need to be accurate if your not..

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought the youth a Mileseey off Amazon, think it was about £90 - has slope on it which can be turned on and off - seems to work well. Remember, range finders don't need to be accurate if your not..
Is that one battery or can you charge it ? Also do you know the model please .
Thanks

tobybarker

Visit site
don't spend a lot..... my one off Amazon was, from memory, 50 notes, and is more than accurate for me.... it agreedswith the range markers on the driving range, which in turn agree with the toptracer info on the range.

oleinone

Visit site
It sounds as though a trolley independent GPS might be a better option - eg distance to blind hazards. Must admit to a serious case of rangefinderphobia. Too many users have a game that renders them totally useless. If you can't hit your clubs a consistent distance or worse, fanny about getting a precise measurement then fat it/thin it or hit it 20 degrees off target what's the point? The same users always seem to have a bewilderingly complex pre shot routine, a putting line up that requires dangling, pacing,reverse angling and everything else but a sacrifice to their pagan god of choice. God, I know where I'd like them to shove their scopes.