New GM Top 100 - how many have you played?

D

Deleted member 23270

How did you get on mate?
Got soaked! But very impressed with the course. I can see why people think it should be top 100. Generous off the tees, tricky greens. I'd go back in a heartbeat to play it again. Clubhouse opens in a couple of weeks. Car park is not top 100 though :ROFLMAO:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got soaked! But very impressed with the course. I can see why people think it should be top 100. Generous off the tees, tricky greens. I'd go back in a heartbeat to play it again. Clubhouse opens in a couple of weeks. Car park is not top 100 though :ROFLMAO:

Glad you enjoyed it. It’s a superb track.

Agree on the car park. Even Barney rubble would be struggling to park there.

D

Deleted member 17920

Number 52 is a rather challenging commute as well ?

That said though it’s an absolute Gem of a course and clubhouse

Maybe the best UK golf holiday / spa type trip going imo.

Amazing place.
Totally agree.

One of the best forum meets.

The place is outstanding. The course was brutal but I loved it.

We will organise a return trip ?

D

Deleted member 17920

What ones you playing, You going to get to Tralee ? (jealous, would love to go back there)

Do you think there are any you wont get to play in the top 100 ? (surely only a couple of years away for you to complete them all?)

Some of the most memorable courses I have played, are not even in the top 5 in their county, but were great fun/views/crazy holes!
I have a possible trip to

Waterville
Tralee
Ballybunion

Not entirely sure I will do it next year. Already got loads booked and already getting grief from the other half ?

sunshine

Visit site

Good to hear you had fun, and that the course is in good nick.

When I played there it was still owned by Loch Lomond so I never saw the car park. Valet parked the car for me and brought my clubs to the practice ground where they were waiting for me all shiny and clean. How the 1% live!

D

Deleted member 21258

I have a possible trip to

Waterville
Tralee
Ballybunion

Not entirely sure I will do it next year. Already got loads booked and already getting grief from the other half ?

Enjoy those courses. Top notch. Great drive along the coast over in that area(try and make sure you miss the coach timings along the road and btw dont stay in the place I stayed in right next to Waterville golf, it was rank:sick:)

I'm surprised your wife is still married to you, due to the number of golf trips :devilish::)

D

Deleted member 23270

Machrie do a 3 day pairs competition that includes accommodation and it is stupidly good value!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crikey. How good is West Lancs? Seriously under rated, even in 25mph plus winds.

Birkdale today and I've woken up at 5.30 and can't get back to sleep!
. Excitement. How was the course?
Cracking course West Lancs.We used to come down from Cumbria every year for around 5 years’ to play in Opens. it was around £25 each 4BBB. One year the other 2 did not turn up and we had to go go out our own. We won after a card play off with 42 points. Felt a little guilty for obvious reasons. Very seldom would anybody win with that score now!