New GM Top 100 - how many have you played?

D

Deleted member 3432

Not many after 40 years of playing but don't really care as I'm a member of one.

As an observation, it's interesting looking at the 'latest'review of Silloth. Assessor feedback says "A truly wonderful course. If it wasn’t for its location (which is part of its charm) it would be much higher up the rankings and receive far more press. A visit to Silloth is life-affirming stuff."

Looks like spending a little extra time in your car for a jolly marks you down......???

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not many after 40 years of playing but don't really care as I'm a member of one.

As an observation, it's interesting looking at the 'latest'review of Silloth. Assessor feedback says "A truly wonderful course. If it wasn’t for its location (which is part of its charm) it would be much higher up the rankings and receive far more press. A visit to Silloth is life-affirming stuff."

Looks like spending a little extra time in your car for a jolly marks you down......???
I find that comment strange because when courses are ranked location is not a factor. I'll highlight it back to the senior panellists.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
12 for me.

91 Painswick
89 Fulford
83 Cleeve Hill
78 The Belfry (Brabazon)
74 Woburn (Duchess)
71 Saunton (West)
65 Woburn (Marquess)
54 Goswick
44 Sherwood Forest (playing in June)
23 Notts (Hollinwell) (playing in June)
22 Saunton (East)
21 Burnham and Berrow
which list are you looking at ?

i've played 20, but 19 of those are in Scotland

D

Deleted member 3432

I find that comment strange because when courses are ranked location is not a factor. I'll highlight it back to the senior panellists.
(y)

If anything it should gain us places, keeps the numbers of our American friends down to the odd handful in pre covid days :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

I gauged that. I can't remember quite where it was previously, I thought somewhere in the 80's but to drop out it must have dropped a lot of places. It hasn't been neglected or declined so I'm surprised that has happened.
No it was right down in the low 90's from memory.

D-S

Visit site
I’ve played 38 but quite a few of those would not be in my top 100. Immediately Thorndon Park in Essex and both Enville courses spring to mind.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
12 for me.

91 Painswick
89 Fulford
83 Cleeve Hill
78 The Belfry (Brabazon)
74 Woburn (Duchess)
71 Saunton (West)
65 Woburn (Marquess)
54 Goswick
44 Sherwood Forest (playing in June)
23 Notts (Hollinwell) (playing in June)
22 Saunton (East)
21 Burnham and Berrow
I think you might be looking at the Golf World Top 100 in England, rather than the Golf Monthly UK and Ireland.