new Forum format (including mobile) coming very soon!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
a bit worried that the first post I found in H&H was "would you rug a two year old":confused::confused:

Looks good, didnt notice a "today's posts" tab on the mobile version but its there on PC - could just be me looking in the wrong place...off to find the phone and check again.

This has just made me burst out laughing in the middle of a bar quiet bar!

When it changes I am sure there will be lots of people moaning but thats just part of change. Awfully geeky comment I know but being a Business Analyst has shown me how much everyone hates a change....at first.

I need to stop drinking in the day

DaveL

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it changing, but I must admit I quite like it. I don't have to zoom in on the "newest posts" anymore (eyes aren't as good as they used to be :)) on my iPad, not tried it on my phone yet.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've no problem with change and I imagine it looks pretty good on a Phone, but when about a third of the text entry/display screen on my laptop (below the 'Latest News') is simply empty space, something just shouts 'wrong'! :angry:

I hope I don't get sick of the same items being 'Latest News' for a week or more either! :whistle:

Otherwise a nice looking update that 'standardises' the GM style. :thup:

Last edited:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had hoped it might be free of adverts, especially those which open up if you go anywhere near them (see TM ad above), still I suppose its the price we have to pay, everything else looks good tho'

andrew_mac

Club Champion
Visit site
Looks good on the iPhone too - only issue it is less easy to return to whichever forum page if you are in a thread and involves a few more clicks which is unfortunate.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most of my browsing is either on my phone or my tablet...Forum works perfectly on both .
It'll take a bit of getting used to but overall not unhappy with the change.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There does now seem to be 1 issue that I hadn't noticed earlier. :mmm:

The 'Last Post' column is no longer wide enough! :eek: While it might matter, for some, that Homer pushes the icon out of the column :rolleyes: there are many others who also push it out of range (ManinBlack for example) and North Mimms even pushes it pretty close! Imurg is fine, but brother Phil would truncate the Last Post icon show (is that a loss though? :rolleyes:

This is something that I would expect to be fixed pretty quickly, with the space being 'stolen' from the 'Forum' column that doesn't need so much space.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there a way to view the original author of a thread from the main page? Would certainly save me opening some...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There does now seem to be 1 issue that I hadn't noticed earlier. :mmm:

The 'Last Post' column is no longer wide enough! :eek: While it might matter, for some, that Homer pushes the icon out of the column :rolleyes: there are many others who also push it out of range (ManinBlack for example) and North Mimms even pushes it pretty close! Imurg is fine, but brother Phil would truncate the Last Post icon show (is that a loss though? :rolleyes:

This is something that I would expect to be fixed pretty quickly, with the space being 'stolen' from the 'Forum' column that doesn't need so much space.

I take this back!

Reduction of 'Zoom' means I can now select everyone's last post - even Homer's :rolleyes: