New driver disaster!

Bitwobbly

Visit site
Fitted for a new driver on Saturday.
Ping G410 professionally fitted in the swing room.
Luvly jubly, belting long straight drives consistently.
Cracked it.

On the course haven’t hit a decent drive yet. Just can’t seem to connect.

Strange game this, off to the range.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Fitted for a new driver on Saturday.
Ping G410 professionally fitted in the swing room.
Luvly jubly, belting long straight drives consistently.
Cracked it.

On the course haven’t hit a decent drive yet. Just can’t seem to connect.

Strange game this, off to the range.

Happens all the time. It's a faulty driver. Get a new one 😂

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the same with the same club two fittings great results, loaned a demo club for a month best I hit a driver, bought one it was like I had never hit the club before! Now though my favourite club

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swap you for an epic flash with choice of shafts 🤣🤣🤣
I was fitted for it as I had a few PayPal sheckles stored away and they were burning a hole...
I really enjoyed the fitting and the epic flash and f9 went miles on the good hits... I Hit all the latest models including the ping. I liked the orange tensi xs shaft.. In reality though I still hit our kids Cobra F8 much straighter and consistently, if a little shorter... He ain't getting it back for a while 🤣😂🤣😂

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my drivers has been sitting the shed for about 8 years now.

Bought after a demo day and only used on a course 3 times.

Can be the difference between a demo shaft and what is fitted in the one you buy.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Mr Wobbly

The way you wrote your post, that could of been me writing it word for word. With the exact same driver. I have had a lesson since and am hitting it better. At times a lot lot better. One of my gripes re getting fitted is once you have bought it you are left with it. I would like club fitters to let you go back after a month to find out if there is any teething problems.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's exactly what my club fitter does. If it doesn't work you can go back to him and he will sort it out.
And how it should be. A good fitter that follows up how a club is performing with a customer and can make a slight tweak if necessary is worth their weight in gold. I would suggest the OP is simply trying to hit it too hard on the course and swinging too fast. A common problem as I know from personal experience with new clubs

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Or, not swinging it hard enough, due to lack of confidence.
This ^^^. I got to a stage where I was trying to " guide" it down the fairway. Ended up guiding it into the RHS rough.
A few years back Homer when I joined my club, I bought a SLDR after being fitted. My game went backwards. £300 plus quid. I mentioned it to the fitter. " get yourself booked in for a lesson" was the response. I was bogged off paying £300 and less than a month later it's another £25. That was the reason I got fitted at Ping HQ for my irons. Earlier this year I was fitted for my G410. Same scenario as the SLDR. Had a lesson elsewhere and am now getting out of the club what I expected. So two months ago I bought a G410 fairway. Guess where I didn't buy it from.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are there any fundamental differences to your old driver?
Shaft length? Stiffness? Loft? Grip?
The trouble with fittings is that they're like range sessions - different in every way to playing real golf on a real course.
It's a great driver though, so will always have good resale value...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This ^^^. I got to a stage where I was trying to " guide" it down the fairway. Ended up guiding it into the RHS rough.
A few years back Homer when I joined my club, I bought a SLDR after being fitted. My game went backwards. £300 plus quid. I mentioned it to the fitter. " get yourself booked in for a lesson" was the response. I was bogged off paying £300 and less than a month later it's another £25. That was the reason I got fitted at Ping HQ for my irons. Earlier this year I was fitted for my G410. Same scenario as the SLDR. Had a lesson elsewhere and am now getting out of the club what I expected. So two months ago I bought a G410 fairway. Guess where I didn't buy it from.

I take your points and can see how you and Murph could be right with swinging too easily through fear/steering. From my perspective, the issue has always been, shiny new club that has gone well in testing on the monitor - smash it and watch the ball fly. Too quick, too many moving parts, normally a reload and growing frustration at the new club

I think your SLDR fitter was out of order to simply say get a lesson and as I said in my previous reply a fitter that's prepared to work with people after the sale is a rare commodity and would always get my return business

D

Deleted member 21258

Take it back, its a manufacturing issue.

They have forgotten to spray on the short term fairy dust that all new clubs need to make them work fully for two rounds.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Smiffy's mate Ray bought a new driver exactly the same spec as the demo that he was hitting great. Couldn't get on with the new driver at all so went back to his Pro and swapped it for the demo club he had used and never looked back. Even "identical" shafts can, and do, differ.

Another thing to bear in mind is that your swing when being fitted or having a lesson may well be completely different from the one you use on the course.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another thing to bear in mind is that your swing when being fitted or having a lesson may well be completely different from the one you use on the course.

What is this 'one' swing business?

Observation supports the theory that most handicap golfers have many different swings to call upon whilst playing a round of golf 🤔

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
New clubs have this annoying tendency to stop doing magic the second that they are fully paid. :oops: That said, just relax. It ain't broken. Neither is your swing. It will probably work just fine the second you stop thinking about it.