New club

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having turned into an official MOG [miserable old git] on the 16th [60yrs young] I treated myself to a new club membership at a new club ,so now I am the proud member of Willingdon golf club . situated on the south downs adjacent to Eastbourne it is a very pretty course with the claim to fame of being designed by Alister Mackenzie he of Augusta national design .
so once the feet are under the table im sure a forum gathering could be put in place as the club seem to be amicable to having society golf played ,mainly on a friday i think .
im having my first round as a member on sunday and hoping that my first tee shot isnt going to embarrass me as no doubt there will be other members watching . ooerrr!!!!:thup:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
a tee time of 2oclock was moved up to 1.15 so with no warm up in the net it was pretty much straight on to the tee. I had been hoping by getting to the course relatively early I could loosen up after a short putting session but a mixed pairs match was due to start so it was out early.
the sun shone brightly and my wife who was driving the buggy was in great spirit as the course looked stunning. what about the golf ,oh yeh ,umm ,errrr, I scored a total of gross 88 ,not great but there was some good shots played in between some dross, mainly putting as I three putted five greens which have some really subtle borrows that were difficult to see, and they were bloody quick which along with some tricky pin positions made a poor putter even worse.
if anyone wants to join me for a game around Willingdon then message me and im sure we can sort a date to play.