New club - tee times chocca!

dronfield

Visit site
At our place anyone can book into spare slots and are welcome to do so without asking.

The only time I’ve had slots with dummy guests entered by the pro shop is when I have had a match.

I had always assumed that is the case at our club - me and a mate have put our names down with another 2 (who we didnt know) and likewise have had single players put their names down with us on a busy Sat morning.
At some clubs is this frowned upon - ie, you are expected to contact people before adding your name to "their" booking?
When i was a member of a privately owned club you could only book a tee time via the pro shop and they often used to pair you up with others at busier times to ensure that all tee slots were fully utilised.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I joined a new club in April, didn't know anybody so just stuck my name down with others, the best way of getting to meet other members.

A couple of times it was just with a single and they later scrubbed their name off before we were due to play, I guess either something came up and they couldn't play, they didn't want to play with anyone else or my reputation preceded me.
Look upon it as their loss!(y)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
However, every weekend morning slot is booked up for the next 2 weeks, and some of them with singles/2 balls and you can’t book in with them.

I’m genuinely surprised to hear that your club allows singles and 2-balls at weekends, unless they are very early times. At ours it’s 3 and 4-balls only after 8am.