NEW 2012 TAYLORMADE WHITE GEAR ROCKETBALLZ R11s RBZ

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Paid a visit to my mates golf shop today at lunch time, bit banter and a sarnie......
Anyway whilst there, the Taylormade rep called in
He had all the lovely shiny new range of Taylormade Toys ( clubs ) for this year
So I gota nice sneak preview before next months launch date.
There was the new Taylormade R11s Driver and fairway, much the same as last years R11 range, just a bit more adjustability, driver now 460cc - slightly bigger, still great looking club
And the much hyped RBZ - ROCKETBALLZ - range
The RBZ driver and RBZ Tour driver, both good looking heads, but basically the RBZ does not look too different from the Superfast Burner 2.0 driver from 2011, but this RBZ model has adjustability in the hosel
The RBZ Tour driver is a cracking looking driver, slightly smaller looking than the standard RBZ, and it just sits really well. Will defo give this a try out when he gets his demos.....
:thup:
Then there is the much talked about RBZ fairway wood, the fairway they are saying will add yards ( 17 yards is taylormades claim ) to your game.
There is a slot on the sole behind the face, and apparently it is this 'slot' that is causing the added power
He didnt have a RBZ Tour fairway, nor did he have either version of the RBZ hybrids.
There were also a set of RBZ - ROCKETBALLZ ( sounds mad, I know ) - irons
They arent my type of iron, in the bag they look quite chunky with deep cavity undercut, but actually when u put them down and look from address, they look quite nice
So something for everybody Id say..........Until they design, build, market & sell the next 'even better' than before models............which with Taylormade will prob be bout 9 months....:D

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
aye read about them last month, check out golf monthlys mag this month for forum members testing them, check out golf monthly you tube and see said forum members hitting them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Basically my understanding is that the RBZ are replacing the Burner range and so I wouldn't have expected too much deviance from the type of design the burners had and this seems to confirm that. There is a bit in the latest GM about the new ranges with pics and the RBZ irons are very similar to the Burner 2.0

I think it is in the woods that the RBZ will have the biggest impact. From the article at the testing that the GM forum members went on its clear there is a definite increase in distance and I think for that reason alone they will be very popular. I'm looking at them when they come out for sure. Still not a fan of adjustable drivers and didn't like the original R11 so less sure of the R11S

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the RBZ range of Drivers and Fairways will be the better sellers, mainly because they are going to be in the 'right' price range, ( and still perform well of course ) as opposed to the more expensive R11s range
My mate sold a good few ot the Titleist 910 range, but not much of last years R11
But best sellers are the Ping G20 range, they just sit at the right Price Point, but still perform
And this RBZ will sit not too far off G20 prices

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Basically my understanding is that the RBZ are replacing the Burner range and so I wouldn't have expected too much deviance from the type of design the burners had and this seems to confirm that. There is a bit in the latest GM about the new ranges with pics and the RBZ irons are very similar to the Burner 2.0

I think it is in the woods that the RBZ will have the biggest impact. From the article at the testing that the GM forum members went on its clear there is a definite increase in distance and I think for that reason alone they will be very popular. I'm looking at them when they come out for sure. Still not a fan of adjustable drivers and didn't like the original R11 so less sure of the R11S

On the fitting day at Wentworth we tried some of the RBZ irons as well and the long irons are very different to Burners - they transition towards a hybrid type head rather than a pure cavity. As you move through the set the backs gradually change to a full cavity. Very straight though - would love a set but just got my Burners last year so will be a fair while till I will be buying.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
At lefthanded golf where I get most of my gear from. Said that they will be out on the 11th March, at a cost of £199.99 for the RBZ driver and £299.99 for the R11s driver.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Great for you to be there when the rep delivered them, if you go back in 2 weeks time you might strike lucky and be there when the replacement clubs for the Rocketballz are delivered!

Chris

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
LOL just keep on hatin when the boys are launching it 20 yards further than you! :D

I was actually fitted last year for R11 driver and 3 wood, and used both last season, I really rate them, but when I suffered aback injury ( disc / nerve prob ) I was in Real Pain, and knew Id be out of golf action for quite awhile, so sold them Both on, I was feeling That 'down'.
So these New releases really interest me, as Im going to be in the market for a new driver and fairway, but thinking about 4 wood this year.
I will try this new gear, when its released, now Ive just started playing again, if its better than last years gear, I will prob buy.
If not any better......Then I will just try and buy last years R11 driver and fairway, same as I had, but probably at a Heavily Discounted Clearance Price.......:D

DCB

Visit site
Im not a Hater, I like Taylormade products, but they DEFO DO release New Gear twice as often as most other Brands, BUT most of it works, and it Sure DOES SELL.......:thup:

Not convinced they actually do launch more than other manufacturers. Most of the big names seem to be on a two year cycle for their kit now. It just seems that they launch every year because they generally push two lines, a players line and a game improvement line.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Callaway seem to be every year too, personally they could all release every 2 months, I still wouldn't be updating any faster than a present.

They are all trying to get you to buy stuff, and for most it's stuff you on need.