Needing help for which irons to buy ?????

JamiegolfB

Medal Winner
Visit site
currently a tennis player/coach, however have slowly started playing more and more golf aswell (last 6 months)
im going round in scores around 98, with pretty poor clubs, and without knowing too much about technique.

i would love to push for a score around 85 over the next two years (when im 20)

has anyone any information with which irons to get ??? (looking for accuracy over power)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well find out!!

YOu can't come on here asking for advice when you don't know what you've got in your bag!!

Seriously though - the above advice from AW is good. Go see a Pro, take along what you've got, show him what you can do and let him advise.

DCB

Visit site
:D Is this thread for real :D

We've got a tennis coach asking how to improve his golf ?

How would you go about getting a keen youngster to improve their tennis ? Same ethos really ;)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
booking some lessons soon at my local golf club what standard do you reckon i should get to before i start caring ?

Replace them when they break.

My last set of irons were 20 years old.

My replacement set were free. :rolleyes:

If you play with any really good players - you'll notice that all of their clubs are very, very well used and almost certainly not the latest gear.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd say anything will do.
1) anything has got to be better than ancient pinseekers
2) if you have the same co-ordination as all the good/excellent tennis players I know, you'll be able to hit the ball sweet in not too long.

If you don't know much about clubs, there are a few types.
Without getting into a huge essay on this, find some "cavity" irons and if you are powerful (which is likely) see if you can get "stiff flex" shafts.
As for makes....Ping/Callaway/Mizuno/Wilson Staff/Taylor Made, whatever suits your eye. MD and Benross do cheaper stuff that's excellent quality too.

t.b.h. I'd go for some Mizunos, proper "players" clubs..

One of our junior golfers who plays tennis at a very high level has Mizuno MP irons with Dynamic Gold S300.

hangover

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm selling callaway big Bertha 08 irons if your interested. They are in good condition. The set is 4-sw you can have them for £150 plus postage.