Need some advice!

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Right... Well the story is, when i picked up my King Cobra M-Speed LD yesterday it started rattling. I know there have been some stories told on here of this happening to Cobra's.

What shall i do, get my pro to have a look at it or speak to Cobra myself.

Thanks in advance

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
Liam.

You didn`t make it clear if you bought the club from your pro or elsewhere.Take it back to the person from whom you purchased it.They are responsible for either refunding your money or replacing your defective club.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Liam

It sounds like one of the swing weights has come loose. The only way to get it properly sorted is to take the shaft out so you need to take it back to point of purchase. How old is it and where did you get it

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well it was a second hand club although in pristine condition, maybe x-demo or something. from american golf camberly, im sure you know it well Homer.

The problem is, i have no receipt, the club is only maybe 3 months old, i have the bank statement to back that up.

Would the fact that it was bought second hand matter. Also its a hell of a trek from aldershot to american golf to return a driver.

Thanks

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ring them and speak to them first. AG are normally pretty good. Dont you have an AG card?

I had a cobra f-speed that rattled, stopped after a while!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Liam

I think I am right in saying that under the sales of goods act, even second hand goods come with some form of limited warranty. In effect AG shouldn't have sold you the product if it was faulty. I'd be tempted to go into the shop rather than phone. Its always best to try and resolve it face to face and the guys there are normally pretty good but I'd ask to speak to the manager though as one of the junior guys may not be empowered to make any sort of decision.

If you explain how happy you've been, used tehm for lots of stuff before (even if that is a little white lie) and then see how you go. If at the end of the day you aren't getting any help, I'd play the GM forum card and say how you'll say how bad AG in Camberley was on here and threaten to write to GM.

Its not nice but negative publicity is normally a way of getting someones attention. Otherwise I'd suggest speaking to your local pro and seeing if he can do something about getting the weight out and reshafting the club

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe instead of a cobra you got a rattle snake...sorry couldn't resist and I appreciate how crude that just was.

Homer is right, you still as a UK consumer have the rights to force American golf to find a solution to any fault found with the goods which was not clearly identified and brought to the customers attention before purchase, althoguh this is probably for a limited time period. I'm sure they will be good about it though, the only problem you may have is if they have certain disclaimers up in the store claiming that all items are sold as seen, as such, end of story.