Name in gold

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nothing for this year. In fact, nothing for a number of years.

Always wanted the Club Championship but never got closer than a few 2nd's and 3rd's. Next in line was the scratch k'out but never got closer than a few semi's.

On a number of others but not sure how many, only half a doz or so I guess. They give a bit more of a buzz on any 'major' weekend, and why not have them, but I think some clubs devalue the idea by having a couple a month through the summer season.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Truth hurts.

Big competitions ken.
So, only the club championship matters. I can grasp that. But if none of the other competitions matter, I guess no-one enters them, and the club is looking to stop running them??

I really dont get the antipathy to boards. After all, it's only a record of who won it and when. Better that than just forgetting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, only the club championship matters. I can grasp that. But if none of the other competitions matter, I guess no-one enters them, and the club is looking to stop running them??

I really dont get the antipathy to boards. After all, it's only a record of who won it and when. Better that than just forgetting.
Our honours boards are all on PDF documents now. That seems to work as a record. :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Why do you need a board when your name is on the trophy?

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Runner-Up again last week, on countback, that's 4 times!!! :cry:

Oh well, time to dust of the bridesmaid dress

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Why do you need a board when your name is on the trophy?

But why can't there be a board too? Everyone knows the hierarchy with boards, that the Club Championship is the top dog, and everyone knows that the Mr Blue Smurf board carries little weight. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

But if it gives Billy Joe Hacker a boost, why not.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But why can't there be a board too? Everyone knows the hierarchy with boards, that the Club Championship is the top dog, and everyone knows that the Mr Blue Smurf board carries little weight. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

But if it gives Billy Joe Hacker a boost, why not.

Good luck building the extension in years to come to house all these boards.

roblad82

Visit site
Won club matchplay KO which is a name on the board comp. more importantly I beat my doubles partner in it on the way 👍🏻

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Retained our club doubles BB KO Board comp last weekend. Am in the final of the County version for the winners of last years comp in surrounding area also.

Hackers76

Visit site
Won the net club champs this year but no idea if that gets on the board will have to check at the weekend. Also in the final of the singles knockouts for 18+ handicaps which I play on Sunday so could have two up, or none 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had loads of gold leaf boards but in 2014 the club invested in new modern perspex versions. We found a company that took pictures of all the names and all the old comp boards and shrunk them onto a wooden base which we now have as you enter the bar. A great way to nod back to the previous winners (and remember a few ex-winners no longer with us) while giving the clubhouse a more modern feel with the current style

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Runner-Up again last week, on countback, that's 4 times!!! :cry:

Oh well, time to dust of the bridesmaid dress

I had 5 runners up last season! The banter got worse every time I went up to collect my runners up voucher at the awards evening :cautious:

This season I have got on the board for the first time but needed the help of 3 others as it was a team comp! Think the board has run out of space and I'm not sure they are renewing it, so may not have my name up after all :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our honours boards are all on PDF documents now. That seems to work as a record. :LOL:
I just glanced at the PDF copy of all the old honours board records, and it turns out I would have been on one of them this year if they still existed. I won the 'Carter Cup' for best net eclectic score over the summer. It seemed so obscure I had no idea there was a board for that one, but apparently there was. Oh well.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All our majors are board comps why wouldn’t you want to have your name up there for ages?

I think it’s pretty nice that my name sits not to far from Justin Rose and Sandy Lyle on the honours boards. It doesn’t bother me one bit my wins are in less prestigious trophies.