Name in gold

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can buy a gold sharpie and write on a brown piece of paper.

If you don’t have brown paper you can make some by steeping white paper in a flat dish with a little water and some old tea bags.

D

Deleted member 15344

Board competition?

You guys play monopoly, Scrabble etc at the club?

Ah can’t beat the old - only the club champ has a board in Scotland etc etc blah blah blah

If only that was the only Comp that matters within a club

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads of boards at our place (very silly ones) ... so much so that I usually make the point "What, we don't have a Xmas Raffle one?".
However, this year, I did win Captain's Day with 40pts... one of the lowest winning scores ever. Was all I did this year.

Visit site
None for the past 3 years although I cocked our club champs up on 1st round shooting 72 after being 4 under after 13 this year. 🤦‍♂️
But over the years I’ve got 18 to my name.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
None for the past 3 years although I cocked our club champs up on 1st round shooting 72 after being 4 under after 13 this year. 🤦‍♂️
But over the years I’ve got 18 to my name.
Must have won a lot of raffles. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Loads of boards at our place (very silly ones) ... so much so that I usually make the point "What, we don't have a Xmas Raffle one?".
However, this year, I did win Captain's Day with 40pts... one of the lowest winning scores ever. Was all I did this year.
My mate won that with 45 points in about 2005. I marked his card that day. It was just a quality round.

I had 34 and thought I played well.

Well done Davey lar

D

Deleted member 15344

Truth hurts.

Big competitions ken.

I don’t recall seeing any truth 😉

Our Male board comps are the big ones with a couple being the top ones.

Clubs work in different ways , many clubs now have various board comps to help distinguish between your weekly/monthly medals and others with a bit more significance- works well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a number of "majors" which are honour board events including things like Captain's Day played for the Henry Cotton Cup (presented by the former Open winner), club championship and about 5 other single events, and about 3-4 pairs events. These are held in esteem by the members and there is prestige to winning them and no-0ne complains there are too many

D

Deleted member 21258

I'm up on the board for a parent/son comp, can remember when I last looked at the boards or what year that was.

Don't really see the appeal of them and think there should only be one and that is for the scratch club champ.