Naga Munchetty

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Saw her at Wentworth a couple of years ago in the BMWPGA Pro Am, she was partnering Di Dougherty, & Jodie Kidd with Alvaro Quiros (Imurg was stalking Di :)

Very tidy player indeed and its nice to see celebs actively playing and supporting the game

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
My regular playing partner got remarried a while back. His new wife had never held a golf club let alone played a round.

However walking round with us she expressed an interest in playing so went to the Pro for a lesson. She was immediately bitten by the bug and went for regular lessons.

She now plays off 3, wins many comps, is in the County Ladies squad and is still coming down.

Proof perhaps that with natural aptitude, no opportunity to acquire bad habits and a diligent work ethic then rewards in the game are there to be had.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i think you will find she was the southern ladies champion or something like that ,i e-mailed her and asked if she fancied a game when the weather breaks as she lives in Manchester part of the week.

Why does this not surprise me :D.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is pathetic

I just wanted to know what he meant by the conclusion by the book and if it was in some way a connection towards a way to learn golf which is exactly what the OP was about "learning to play golf" hence my question

No semantics no diverting of thread - you have successfully managed to achieve that yourself with the accusations towards an innocent question

But well done you for attempting to belittle me and forcing me to justify myself to you.

For what it's worth, I agree with you Phil. I would question the 'by the book' comment. Nothing is 'by the book' in golf...some learn it best by constant range time, some learn it best by course time. Some learn it from the green backwards (I wish I had done this) and others from the tee forwards!

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nah, Tuggles pretty much nailed it with his first post, it is just a figure of speech but LP wants it to be so much more so he can go off on one...............again.:rolleyes::whistle:

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
This is how golf is learned in Germany by default. You need a license to be allowed to play on a regular golf course over here and the way you get that license is usually through group lessons on the range and a lot of range and short game practice over the course of two months or so (one week crash courses become more and more popular as well). It is how I started as well and rest assured, it does not guarantee success or a higher score in your first competition. And the average German golfer is not better than the British one (quite the opposite, if you look at the stats). So I guess Naga Munchetty just brought more talent to the game than most of us.

G

guest100718

Nah, Tuggles pretty much nailed it with his first post, it is just a figure of speech but LP wants it to be so much more so he can go off on one...............again.:rolleyes::whistle:

Yep straight up fishing.....

as for the OP

In Harvey Pennicks little red he talks about learning the game backwards. Starting with putting and chipping, also Dan fron he Dan plan didnt hit anyhting longer than a 9 iron for quite a while. Whether its any better than hitting a variety of clubs i wouldnt think so.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There's one thing one thing reading the news. At least she should know the weather when she goes out if she pays attention to her mate who is reading it.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just one small correction. She is a member of our club and her actual handicap is 9. :)

I played your course over Xmas 2014, I thought I saw her in the bar afterwards. I assumed it was a case of mistaken identity, what with the Beeb breakfast broadcasting from Manchester. There ya go!

I should have asked for an autograph. Or, actually, a lesson.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Post a selfie of you both or we don't believe you.;)

I actually know someone who has been interviewed by Susanna Reid and also Naga on breakfast TV. And he said that in the flesh Naga is much more naturally beautiful.

I used to be a member at the same club as Del. Naga was my partner for several knockouts over the years (god help her).
She hits a lovely ball, stupidly long off the tee. Can outdrive a lot of blokes and she's only 5 foot 3.

She's got her hcp down by working really hard at her golf.

And yes, she really is that beautiful !