MyEG App Feedback

AddisonRoad

Visit site
I just received an email from England Golf requesting feedback on the app since its release in 2020. Overall, I’ve been very happy with the app and how it allows us to submit rounds all around the UK. However, it would be nice to have some more statistics available for analysis — I tend to submit rounds on IG at my home course as it has more in-depth data available.

So, let’s hear some (realistic) feedback from the rest of the forum?

D

Deleted member 23270

Just had the same email and completed the survey. I would like to see a messaging facility to other users. Also, some of the questions at the end are a bit weird. Why does England Golf need to know if my birth sex is what I still identify as and whether I'm married/civil partnership/single/whatever???

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just had the same email and completed the survey. I would like to see a messaging facility to other users. Also, some of the questions at the end are a bit weird. Why does England Golf need to know if my birth sex is what I still identify as and whether I'm married/civil partnership/single/whatever???

Probably so that they can tick some diversity boxes.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Well as Scottish Golf are now using the same provider, be interesting to see if some complaints are the same or if England Golf have resolved them for their skin.

*The way to create a scorecard is convoluted
*The linking to competitions is farcical and many folks just aren't getting it right resulting in admins having to manually add scorecards to competitions
*Scorecard doesn't show PH
*No results shown on the App
*Naming protocols eg. Marker is actually your tees, but your marker is an attester :oops: There's a few others in there but these immediately spring to mind

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like that you can enter cards relatively easily, I often use it to work out my playing handicap at a new course and so on, I like having a list of friends so that I can see how they are playing at the moment. I like that you can found out what anyone's handicap is if you know their golf club (I'm nosy and find myself searching for the YouTubers and whatnot!)

Only downside is that the app is generally quite glitchy, often a page doesn't load and you have to reload it or close the app and reopen it.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well as Scottish Golf are now using the same provider, be interesting to see if some complaints are the same or if England Golf have resolved them for their skin.

*The linking to competitions is farcical and many folks just aren't getting it right resulting in admins having to manually add scorecards to competitions
*Naming protocols eg. Marker is actually your tees, but your marker is an attester :oops: There's a few others in there but these immediately spring to mind
This has been a huge bugbear of mine right from the very beginning.

We have a widely understood convention that we play from a set of tees...but no, EG decide to call them markers. Daft.

YandaB

Visit site

For MyEG we have nothing to do with Competitions in the App therefore points 2, 3 and 4 are not relevant. Point 1 is just click Scorecards tab and the hit Create - not too convoluted. I absolutely agree with the "Marker" point though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This has been a huge bugbear of mine right from the very beginning.

We have a widely understood convention that we play from a set of tees...but no, EG decide to call them markers. Daft.
I agree with the comment about marker but the trouble has always been it is not an "English " Golf app it is a New Zealand app adopted by England Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Isn't the idea to give the feedback directly to EG? ;) :)

Personally I don't care for their choice of US style dates, which isn't the NZ format either. But I was on the app early adopter programme and they had that feedback then, but left it.

D

Deleted member 1147

My biggest gripe is not getting internet access before teeing off.
When I played Alwoodley this year I wanted to submit my score, but couldn’t access the internet in order to book the round on the app. So didn’t get the round on the app, and therefore didn’t record an over handicap score.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My biggest gripe is not getting internet access before teeing off.
When I played Alwoodley this year I wanted to submit my score, but couldn’t access the internet in order to book the round on the app. So didn’t get the round on the app, and therefore didn’t record an over handicap score.
There wasn't anywhere you could get reception? Is Alwoodley situated underground?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I agree with the comment about marker but the trouble has always been it is not an "English " Golf app it is a New Zealand app adopted by England Golf
Sorry no. I worked in a app based field supplying skins in the noughties, your customer (Golf England, Scottish Golf) should be customising his offering as he likes, the engine underneath won't change, but everything else that a customer (the golfers) sees should be customisable.

SG say the same as EG, that dotgolf are supplying many countries so they can't have a fully bespoke offering. I'm sorry, this is nonsense, and shows either they don't understand how this works, or dotgolf are not up to the task.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
For MyEG we have nothing to do with Competitions in the App therefore points 2, 3 and 4 are not relevant. Point 1 is just click Scorecards tab and the hit Create - not too convoluted. I absolutely agree with the "Marker" point though.
It is for competitions, linking to your tee time and the competition has caused no end of problems

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There wasn't anywhere you could get reception? Is Alwoodley situated underground?
I had trouble at Ellesborough. Couldn't get a signal at the 10th or 1st tees
Got to the 2nd and it was as clear as a bell...signed on there.
After that we started using the terminal in the changing room.
Signal strength can be a pita.

AddisonRoad

Visit site

Would it be against the rules to start your scorecard after you tee off due to connectivity issues? Surely, if you have verbally committed to submitting the round to your playing partners and connectivity is at fault for the registration, you should still be able to submit it?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Would it be against the rules to start your scorecard after you tee off due to connectivity issues? Surely, if you have verbally committed to submitting the round to your playing partners and connectivity is at fault for the registration, you should still be able to submit it?
I would like to think so, but who knows these days!
You can create a scorecard from any location ahead of time (same day), so if you create one before you leave home, problem solved.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally agree with comment and my old phone. I once spent 15minutes trying to find a point near our club house where I could get EG to register me at the club. I reckon it is very much phone dependent as I have never had the problem with my new phone and those with Apple phones never had a problem.