My Swing

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Evening all,
This has been recorded on a phone so apologies firstly for the picture quality....I have a 5 Iron in my hand by the way.
I have slowed my swing down recently to a more comfortable tempo so i hope to try and keep it this way....
Before i had a very aggressive transition into the downswing......Addmittidly i might swing just a fraction harder than what it shows in the videos but not much......
Pleas be gentle with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMoscmKK0H0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaj_wauxhFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVVdkN4CN8

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry Kid, that's not your swing, that is just a practice swipe. Have you got any balls you can hit?? Even those plastic air ones ??

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can do guys......Ill have to get to the range....I was just out the back the other day doing those HID's had the phone......

Just out of curiousity is your practice swing not supposed to mimic your real swing....Or is that where im going wrong...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just out of curiousity is your practice swing not supposed to mimic your real swing....Or is that where im going wrong...

If my practice swing mimicked my real swing I would be on "You've been framed".
If my real swing mimicked my practice swing I would be on tour.
;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks alright. I have seen low handicappers with a lot worse. As others have said, it kinda depends what happens to the ball.

Nothing wrong with an aggressive downswing so long as it works in sequence. I heard Goosen say that when he wants to hit a big one, he starts down even slower than usual, and even feels a momentary pause at the transition. This stops snatching at the top.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site

Some players do, Stephen Ames is one, perhaps Bradley Dredge, can't think of too many others.

There is a chemical reaction in your brain once the ball is in your eye's vision. It causes the arms, body and legs to malfunction at the most inappropriate times, i.e 1st tee!! :D

Lindyhop67

Medal Winner
www.perfectequilibrium.co.uk
Your practice swing shouldn't be your real swing. For example you shouldn't take a divot with your practice. The practice is mainly for visualisation and to relax your muscles. If you made a full practice swing you'd likely be quite tense at the end of it.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's a pood question. I have two practice swings. One is a "get the feeling" type of swing (like on the tee box or fairway) the other is an attempt at what I'm going to do with a ball there - like clipping the rubber tee on a range mat. My practice swings clipping the rubber tee at the range are hopefully a preview of the swing I'm going to make. My practice swings in the garden are going to be the same....that's why my lawn has divots.

Bah, humbug to the lot of you.

It is possible to clip daisies with your real swing, even if there's no ball.

:D :D

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's a pood question. I have two practice swings. One is a "get the feeling" type of swing (like on the tee box or fairway) the other is an attempt at what I'm going to do with a ball there - like clipping the rubber tee on a range mat. My practice swings clipping the rubber tee at the range are hopefully a preview of the swing I'm going to make. My practice swings in the garden are going to be the same....that's why my lawn has divots.

Bah, humbug to the lot of you.

It is possible to clip daisies with your real swing, even if there's no ball.

:D :D

:D :D :D....Well Dave in my case it happened to be a poor old Buttercup i sent flying..... :D :D :D

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Forget the range, just get some crap balls or some of those plastic ones and hit them in that field out back...save yourself some money. I've got a field 50 yards from my house, but sadly am not allowed to hit balls on it as it's a recreation ground. Mind you, the plastic ones wouldn't go far...

Swing looks good though.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ill get sorted with some of the plastic ones so....My own yard is pretty small as its a terraced town house so ill post it for a 3 wood 6 iron and a wedge.....