My son hit his first ball today!!!

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cade picked up his toy driver, and placed a ball down and hit it, made my day, he sits and watches the golf with me when he tired and close to bed, looks like he has taken a little bit in!!

made up!! :D

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cade picked up his toy driver, and placed a ball down and hit it, made my day, he sits and watches the golf with me when he tired and close to bed, looks like he has taken a little bit in!!

made up!! :D

Aww... that's sweet.

What age is he....25?:fore:

Sir Slicealot

Medal Winner
Visit site
You must be very proud ! I know i would be if my 6 year old did the same, but unfortunately for me, doesn't show much interest in sport :(

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When my grandson was just starting to walk he picked up a plastic ruler off the floor and one handed hit a plastic golf ball across the living room. Mum and Dad then 1 and 3 handicap just could not believe it.
He is now 6 years old and the 6th generation golfer in my family but he seems far more interested in tennis and fitba. I was coaching him to use his standing foot at football the other day and he picked it up straight away. I think he is going to be like my nephew, very good at a variety of sports.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Awsome! remember when my son was first hitting balls,took on him on a small par 3 course when he got a bit better and he managed a birdie 2 with a daisy cutter second shot! the smile on he`s face was priceless....

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awesome mate bet your still smiling like a Cheshire cat come Monday, my 3 year old will get his plastic putter out and play gator golf hopefully the other plastic clubs get a run out this year if it every stops raining! Enjoy. :)

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
It's a great feeling isn't it. Both my boys have been showing signs of liking golf since they were a similar age. Drew who is almost 2 loves hitting balls in the back garden and FJ who was 4 on Sunday asked to spend his money on golf clubs today and is now the proud owner of a 7 iron, PW and putter from sports direct.

Now if only the blinking rain would stop I could get him down the range to use them!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sweet!! Was messing in the garden with my youngest today, me chipping her running around picking up the balls and playing on her trike. We then held my wedge down the shaft and chipped a couple, she thought it was great and didn't want to put them away!! She's only 21 months too, think the plastic set from tesco maybe bought at the weekend!

Justman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That is fantastic mate! A real proud moment.

My wife and I had our 1st child, a baby boy, on Monday, and already I can't wait for moments like you have had today. I've also told his uncle (who is a pro) that he is going to help him get on The European Tour! :D

Really pleased for you.

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
yes i am proud and still got a cheesy grin on my face, i did try getting my 6yo daughter into it, but she prefers her singing and dancing, so hopfull Cade will stick with it as he grows, imma try and keep him interested, starting tonight more golf on sky!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
sweet!

Taking my 5 yr old out for his first ever golf course today................hope I win (competitive Dad.........joking!)

I'm just hoping he has fun........

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i was in druham last week and spotted two kids on the bus home from town with those wee plastic starter clubs and 4 balls. great way to start them off. HID was just rolling her eyes when she seen that i had clocked them. :rolleyes:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a great feeling isn't it. Both my boys have been showing signs of liking golf since they were a similar age. Drew who is almost 2 loves hitting balls in the back garden and FJ who was 4 on Sunday asked to spend his money on golf clubs today and is now the proud owner of a 7 iron, PW and putter from sports direct.

Now if only the blinking rain would stop I could get him down the range to use them!

Swanny, I can't believe you named your son after a golf shoe!

He's calling his next daughter Big Bertha

sydney greenstreet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great to see, i have 3 kids 2 boys and a girl, the boys who are 5 and 7 have their own clubs 5,7,9 iron,5 wood and putter and bag 3 sets in all 2 sets for 6-8 years and 1 set for 3-5 years she will be hitting balls soon as she is only 2 just now and loves the plastic set. Both boys have had 1 lesson from the driving range pro i take them to the range as often as i can and also the small pitch n putt course close by All started off with the wee plastic clubs from Tesco. I noticed a difference straight away once they had a lesson as i did not want to teach them all of my bad habits.