My first Handicap

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What would remain unchanged? His handicap or the initial handicap formula?

You said

"But in your situation I would wait until after Nov 2nd when a complete new formula for initial handicap comes in"

It was asked at the workshop if we would still be using the same system for initial handicaps and the reply was that it will remain unchanged.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You said

"But in your situation I would wait until after Nov 2nd when a complete new formula for initial handicap comes in"

It was asked at the workshop if we would still be using the same system for initial handicaps and the reply was that it will remain unchanged.
The draft CONGU Manual says different. See post #26 45

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your post #26 quotes the current system
are you saying this going to change under the WHS?
Yes.
I'm sorry but I posted the wrong formula in #26 (Now deleted). I had the before and after filed with wrong titles and simply copied without reading.

For a player submitting their first scores to obtain an initial Handicap Index, the maximum score for each hole played is limited to par + 5 strokes

A Handicap Index is calculated from the lowest Score Differentials in the scoring record. If a scoring record contains fewer than 20 Score Differentials, the table attached is used to determine the number of Score Differentials to be included in the calculation and any adjustment that may apply.

Round the result of the calculation to the nearest tenth

Based on any additional evidence available about a player’s demonstrated ability, a Handicap Committee may modify a player’s initial Handicap Index upward or downward

Attachments

• Initial Handicap Index.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 3