My favourite club

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
I was playing golf a couple of weeks ago with three friends when I reached the 13th green and discovered that my wedge wasn't in my bag. I was beside myself as my wedge is my favourite, oldest club. It's a Ram wedge that I bought about 15 years ago - I loved it.

Anyway, I've still not found it and fear it may be lost forever. I'm sure I'll never find another wedge I love as much. (If I was asked, which one I'd rather loose, my wedge or my girlfriend - I'd have a pretty tough decision).

Is this strange, am I a golfing wierdo or does everyone have a favourite club?

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
No Jamie, you're not a wierdo

My lob wedge is also my favourite club, so much so that it probably has an adverse effect on my game. I tend to use it 90% of the time around the greens instead of using my imagination and playing other types of shots like bump and runs.

Got a new putter just before Xmas and that's rapidly approaching favourite status too

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
Very good Peter. I'm no relation to Trueblue, infact if I was Trueblue's Dad I would never have asked my opponent to borrow a club. But that's enough of that, I don't want to open up a can of worms.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Careful JamieD3, carry on sullying the spirit of golf and I won't give a Ram wedge back that I picked up the other day!

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
Trublue, that's not funny. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you knicked my wedge - you do have a tendency to break the law.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
A bit cheap JamieD3 – you are not related to the plus-twos wearing, 5ft4in, smug professor who spends his nights reading up on small print and his days ruining people's wwinter foursomes experience are you?

The Ram is on its way back to you!!