My EG golf app problems?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Presumably you can't enter them as if you're actually playing that day? I know it's technically wrong but I think it's ethically in the right place because my handicap should be lower now :D

Ethically it’s wrong because it’s against the WHS rules plus you would have to make the marker implicit in the rule break.

HC Sec can also see on their WHS DB when you enter scores via the app.

Mockba

Visit site
Ethically it’s wrong because it’s against the WHS rules plus you would have to make the marker implicit in the rule break.

HC Sec can also see on their WHS DB when you enter scores via the app.
hmm fair enough. Do you think my pro should be able to enter cards from other courses? I always thought that would be the case.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought I'd post this here.
When you enter a general play score I was under the impression that your index is updated Durring the late hours that day/early morning. However, I've noticed recently it changing the instant my marker authorises the score. Is this correct?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you enter a general play score I was under the impression that your index is updated Durring the late hours that day/early morning. However, I've noticed recently it changing the instant my marker authorises the score. Is this correct?

Does it actually update or just show the adjustment that will take place the following day as it does on the WHS DB?

I can see the logic to that as that is exactly what happened under the old system once a comp was closed or a sup card was entered the HC change was made.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site

I've just done my first casual round on Monday and I noticed this too. Round got listed and my HI changed. This seems to different to a comp score, where the round is listed but the calculation for HI is done over night

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does it actually update or just show the adjustment that will take place the following day as it does on the WHS DB?
My understanding is that ISVs cannot make handicap changes. Only the WHS can do that. Certainly the local data is sent to the WHS dynamically and the WHS shows a predicted outcome (subject to PCC etc). WHS calculates the actual outcome overnight. I haven't checked my ISV (HDID in my case) to see if has made a prediction before 'midnight' but I suspect not.

NearHull

Visit site
I’ve just entered 20 odd scores direct into EG dashboard ( sudden closure of Pro shop for COVID positive results and subsequent isolations of remaining staff). A few HIs changed to indicate a predicted HI but it’s obvious that it’s waiting for the overnight shuffle to bring in the PCC to finalise the new HIs.

then I got the NHS isolation notification for the next 8 days - I was looking forward to our Seniors Open on Monday and Selby Open on Thursday. B***er!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My understanding is that ISVs cannot make handicap changes. Only the WHS can do that. Certainly the local data is sent to the WHS dynamically and the WHS shows a predicted outcome (subject to PCC etc). WHS calculates the actual outcome overnight. I haven't checked my ISV (HDID in my case) to see if has made a prediction before 'midnight' but I suspect not.

I took it that the poster used the EG app (may be wrong) and not the ISV app.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

I can see the logic to that as that is exactly what happened under the old system once a comp was closed or a sup card was entered the HC change was made.

My experience with players entering General Play cards is that the HI change seems to take place immediately

Gilly87

Visit site
Can anyone help? Normally have no problems when I play and enter my score on the app but today I have entered my score and had it approved but just comes up with 0 for the score diff. So looks like it hasn’t registered properly?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can anyone help? Normally have no problems when I play and enter my score on the app but today I have entered my score and had it approved but just comes up with 0 for the score diff. So looks like it hasn’t registered properly?

it will likely get processed this evening. It stopped doing all the calculations after submission a little while ago. overnight it will sort itself out

Gilly87

Visit site
2B93070D-08E2-40CB-900E-BCBF3DEADEB1.jpeg
it will likely get processed this evening. It stopped doing all the calculations after submission a little while ago. overnight it will sort itself out
this is what I mean. It’s never done this before, even Monday I posted a score and it was fine

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a possibility that the committee has set the course as unavailable for GP rounds due to reduction in length, temp greens etc?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The course was fully open, no temps and tees were usual places

I can see your Goodwood round in the WHS (don't worry...I'm not stalking you...I have admin access for our club and can search for any player anywhere in England) and can see that the WHS system is showing a score differential of 15.6 and the round has become one of your best 8 and your index has dropped to 18.2 as a result....good run of form in December I see (y):)

I would check the app again and see what it says now. Perhaps uninstall it/reinstall it or check for app updates if the score is still not showing properly.

Last edited:

Gilly87

Visit site
I can see your Goodwood round in the WHS (don't worry...I'm not stalking you...I have admin access for our club and can search for any player anywhere in England) and can see that the WHS system is showing a score differential of 15.6 and the round has become one of your best 8 and your index has dropped to 18.2 as a result....good run of form in December I see (y):)

I would check the app again and see what it says now. Perhaps uninstall it/reinstall it or check for app updates if the score is still not showing properly.
Thank you very much. I emailed the support and they said that the score was linked to the purple tees but I submitted the orange tees (which is what we played) and all seems to be sorted now.
Yeah been a good month for me :) that’s why I was so desperate to get this one sorted.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank you very much. I emailed the support and they said that the score was linked to the purple tees but I submitted the orange tees (which is what we played) and all seems to be sorted now.
Yeah been a good month for me :) that’s why I was so desperate to get this one sorted.

What's with the weird tee marker colours?

Purple. orange, green?