My EG golf app problems?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was just wondering if any of you are having any issues. I have lost a few scores recently. They've just disappeared. Even after my friend confirmed the score via his app. I've also had issues with the app not recording the score on the 18th.

Am I alone?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only issue I've seen is PP having the issue of "you must be close proximity to clubhouse" when in the clubhouse etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ditto to PJ. Seems to be quite a problem where I play. The same applies to my GPS unit when I am near the club house.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ditto to PJ. Seems to be quite a problem where I play. The same applies to my GPS unit when I am near the club house.

See mines fine (O2) never had the issue

My Pp (ee) never had it working

He has Samsung s20 I have s10 so not the phone

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

I’m S20 on EE, my main problems at home course is poor coverage by any provider. I can get it working fine in some areas but I am convinced that along with poor 4G and occasional gps problems cause the loss of scores.

I have advised all our members to use the PSI when at the home club.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m S20 on EE, my main problems at home course is poor coverage by any provider. I can get it working fine in some areas but I am convinced that along with poor 4G and occasional gps problems cause the loss of scores.

I have advised all our members to use the PSI when at the home club.

I've told my mates this but they keep using the app rather than our IG app lol works for 2 of us

However suggested charge work phones as their O2 so worth a shot

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think it is more of a location issue in general ie trees and the landscape.

My phone is Motorola and my GPS Garmin. There seems to be quite a few dead spots. H

The IG app works fine and we have access to the PSI screens whilst the clubhouse /changing rooms are open. Easy to opt for the PSI as we have to log in on it to say we are there and playing anyway.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it is more of a location issue in general ie trees and the landscape.

My phone is Motorola and my GPS Garmin. There seems to be quite a few dead spots. H

The IG app works fine and we have access to the PSI screens whilst the clubhouse /changing rooms are open. Easy to opt for the PSI as we have to log in on it to say we are there and playing anyway.

That's the thing our phones are next to each other the 2 of us on O2 fine but ee guy can't get it

Even tho location should be done via gps only they do use internet to speed up finding

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had the proximity issue, I tried on the 1st tee, the 9th green, 10th tee and in the clubhouse, couldn't get it to work. Emailed EG but got a generic email back about reinstalling the app (like I hadn't though of that....)

Haven't tried it again since mind.

Mockba

Visit site
Hi all, is it possible to add historic cards (ie: not 'live' cards as you're playing) to update your handicap via the app, providing you're within proximity of the clubhouse? I started playing last year and received a handicap of 26.8 at the back end of last year but I'm playing a lot better now so want my handicap lowered before entering comps.

I have a playmoregolf membership and play quite a lot at other courses but apparently there's an issue adding away cards via my club pro so I want to add all the cards from the other courses I've played in my area.

Thanks

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all, is it possible to add historic cards (ie: not 'live' cards as you're playing) to update your handicap via the app, providing you're within proximity of the clubhouse? I started playing last year and received a handicap of 26.8 at the back end of last year but I'm playing a lot better now so want my handicap lowered before entering comps.

I have a playmoregolf membership and play quite a lot at other courses but apparently there's an issue adding away cards via my club pro so I want to add all the cards from the other courses I've played in my area.

Thanks

You have to pre register to play a casual card. The answer is no as they are cards that weren’t pre registered on the day.

Cards at away courses are entered on the day and you will need to activate the course prior to starting the round.

Mockba

Visit site
You have to pre register to play a casual card. The answer is no as they are cards that weren’t pre registered on the day.

Cards at away courses are entered on the day and you will need to activate the course prior to starting the round.

Thanks for the response. Presumably you can't enter them as if you're actually playing that day? I know it's technically wrong but I think it's ethically in the right place because my handicap should be lower now :D

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
for those of you experiencing issues with the GPS functionality, the most recent version 1.0.7 updated 28th May allegedly fixes an issue where the app is unable to retrieve the devices location.

It also changes the use of the term Playing Handicap to the correct term Course Handicap when looking up your handicap ready for play on another course.

Springveldt

Visit site
for those of you experiencing issues with the GPS functionality, the most recent version 1.0.7 updated 28th May allegedly fixes an issue where the app is unable to retrieve the devices location.

It also changes the use of the term Playing Handicap to the correct term Course Handicap when looking up your handicap ready for play on another course.
Just when I was starting to get used to the 3 terms of index, course and playing handicap. Since you only get 95% of your course handicap for most comps I liked the distinction between course and playing.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Just when I was starting to get used to the 3 terms of index, course and playing handicap. Since you only get 95% of your course handicap for most comps I liked the distinction between course and playing.

Just to be clear....the number that was displayed in the App was the COURSE Handicap...but the app wrongly called it PLAYING handicap. All they have done is used the correct terminology for the number that the app gives you. The app does not know what format you are playing (singles, matchplay, 4BBB) so cannot tell you what your Playing Handicap is.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to be clear....the number that was displayed in the App was the COURSE Handicap...but the app wrongly called it PLAYING handicap. All they have done is used the correct terminology for the number that the app gives you. The app does not know what format you are playing (singles, matchplay, 4BBB) so cannot tell you what your Playing Handicap is.

I managed to bring this to the attention of EG as they stated they had done the upgrade earlier - they did - but only on the Apple app. Needed a screenshot from an android phone to convince them.