My Day at Ping!

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Just after Christmas I booked a fitting at Ping, Gainsborough, and took their earliest appointment which happened to be yesterday (they're very busy!)! It was about a 2 1/2 hours drive for me to get there but I'm convinced it was a very worth while experience.

I've been fitted for Ping clubs in the past (I'm playing i3 Blades at the moment) so I was fairly sure of my specifications. These were confirmed after about half an hour of hitting balls and some simple measurements. I spent the next half an hour hitting several different combinations of Hybrids and Fairway woods whilst in front of their Trackman system which recorded carry length and ball flight etc. This has undoubtedly helped me to determine the best solution to filling the gap between my 4 iron and driver (at present I'm carrying a 20 degree Srixon Hybrid and no 3 iron. The whole experience was great and the staff at Ping were fantastic - extremely helpful and welcoming. I'd already decided to buy my equipment from my Club Pro (who is an authorised Ping Dealer)so I was pleasantly surprised the abscence of any sales pressure.

Whilst in Gainsborough, I took the opportunity to have my i3 club specs checked out at the factory (which is 2 mins from the fitting centre). This was done whilst I waited and they even replaced my worn shaft bands! What a great team the've got!

To cap it all off - whilst waiting in reception, the Golf Monthly team appeared (that is Paul O'Hagan and Photographer). Looks like they might be reviewing some more Ping gear in next months edition!? :eek:

If you're thinking of being fitted at Gainsborough I would recommend it whole heartedly - I'm glad I did!.

ACP

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad to see you enjoyed the Ping fitting, The only fitting for Ping we have over here would be one of our local Pro's. Not the same in my eyes. Maybe if I sent Ping a nice email they would sort a day over here, a road show type.

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes - I shall stick with the i3's for the time being (they're a great club) but will probably upgrade to the i10's later this year - sticking with the z-z65 stiff shaft which gave me a longer ball flight than the new AWT shaft.

ACP

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Divot - they measured my distance carry with a 7 iron. When asked how far I hit my 7 iron I said between 160 to 165yds. My actual average carry with the i10 Z-Z65 was 160 but slightly less with the AWT, around 155 yds.