My best shot ever

Wolf

Visit site
15 years old and playing in a junior County foursomes knockout at my old home course Gillingham. Par 4, 4th hole My partner stuck his tee shot in the trees on the left of the hole, opponents were safely on in 2 and we were already 2 down after 3 holes. Only shot options were chip out side ways leaving 150yds for put 3rd and probably end up 3 down or risk a massively hooked 7 iron and hope I somehow made the green.

Went with the hooded 7 iron, aimed ridiculously far right and hit the best shot I've ever hit still to this day, it hooked so much in the air, somehow hit the front of the green between the 2 bunkers and released out up the green to about 3 foot. We won the hole with a birdie and went on a run that led us to winning the match 3&2. Sadly we lost as a team overall but still my happiest memory of any shot I've ever hit. Even Bubba would've been proud, I've tried the shot again many times and never pulled it off half as good since.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Carnoustie 18th.

After playing the front 9 in 3 over gross, but 2 under my handicap, bogeyed the next 8. I thought, if only I could par the last being such a famous hole........then faded my drive into the Barry burn which also runs down the right side of the hole, so a penalty drop. Ah well.

220 out, hit a beauty of a rescue wood to 10 feet, then holed the putt for a par. Up and down from 220 on Carnoustie's 18th - will have some of that.

Suck on that Vandervelde.

Last edited: