moving to standard length clubs

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Not correct. The better manufacturers add shaft weights or lead to the hosel to correct the difference in in swing weights.

I presume you mean the extender weighs about the same as the extra piece of shaft in a +1" shaft.

As said already changing to a different type of grip can change swing weight anyway.
I'm willing to bet that most don't. For longer clubs, which is the more common adjustment, they'd have to take weight out anyway, not add it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that most don't. For longer clubs, which is the more common adjustment, they'd have to take weight out anyway, not add it.

I have done a reasonable amount of shaft changes through the years and virtually every top brand has had some sort of shaft/head weight. Sometimes it is not obvious because it is lead put in the hosel before fitting the shaft. The more obvious ones are brass or lead weights designed to fit in to the shaft before fitting it to the hosel.

I have never bothered to look for myself but apparently Mizuno have a video on their site showing what goes in to making a club. When I bought my Mizzies the fitter said I had to chose the grip because they would swing weight for that grip.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I have done a reasonable amount of shaft changes through the years and virtually every top brand has had some sort of shaft/head weight. Sometimes it is not obvious because it is lead put in the hosel before fitting the shaft. The more obvious ones are brass or lead weights designed to fit in to the shaft before fitting it to the hosel.

I have never bothered to look for myself but apparently Mizuno have a video on their site showing what goes in to making a club. When I bought my Mizzies the fitter said I had to chose the grip because they would swing weight for that grip.
I bow to your superior knowledge.