Motorcaddy help!!

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve just purchased a 2nd motorcaddy s1 pro 2015 for a excellent price but battery is knackered it had a lead acid batt with it ,so I’m going to order a new battery ,can you convert to a lithium bat?if so is it much of a job .otherwise I’ll just purchase a lead acid for £79.99

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
dont need to "convert" can just buy a lithium battery with the correct connector (also need a diff charger for lithium than lead acid)
Well I thought this but on the ad for a lithium it says need to speak to customer support of using on a pre2016 s1

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A 12v battery is a 12v battery
where lithium, lead acid, AGM or Gel batteries are concerned.

All that changes are the type of charger, the price and the expected life of the battery.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well I thought this but on the ad for a lithium it says need to speak to customer support of using on a pre2016 s1
I believe that may because they changed the shape of the lithium battery and the tray it sits in.

So if ordering from Motocaddy you’d need to know, however you can buy a generic lithium battery that will sit in any tray.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

That’s all it is then
It could be, I know my previous trolley had a battery that was flat on the top, when I got my new one the battery was recessed in the top to allow to remain in the trolley folded down and while on charge.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve spoke to Motocaddy today and to run the lithium units in the pre 2016 models the circuit board in the handle needs upgrading which they do free of charge ,so I got to send them the circuit board to upgrade and then the sort it and send it back ,good to go then .