Most scenic golf courses in Great Britain

D

Deleted member 15344

The Western Isles are beautiful- really enjoyed my time up there

Gazrico

Visit site
Strathpeffer a few years ago YES, but they have cut so many trees down around it the hill look bare take a lot away from the course

D

Deleted member 23270

Pity this thread doesn't include Ireland because the most scenic course without a doubt is Old Head.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Of the ones I've played.

England - Silloth

Scotland - Cruden bay

Northern Ireland - Royal Portrush / Royal County down - hard to split.

Wales - Nefyn

Ireland - Tralee.........................pre-home rule. :whistle:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Viewa from the top of Church Stretton are pretty decent but my favourites are in Cornwall

Favourite clubhouse view - Trevose

Favourite views from the course - St.Enodoc (views to Padstow - quintessentially English), West Cornwall and Mullion

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Viewa from the top of Church Stretton are pretty decent but my favourites are in Cornwall

Favourite clubhouse view - Trevose

Favourite views from the course - St.Enodoc (views to Padstow - quintessentially English), West Cornwall and Mullion
That’s a great shout for St Enodoc. The view all the way down the 16(?) par 5. Over the estuary etc.
I’ve not played it, but the views from west Cornwall must be pretty special having been on the other side @ hayle

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not as well travelled golf wise as some but another vote for Sherringham for me, breathtaking !!!!!! I have also played Burnham on Crouch like the poster above and there are some outstandingly scenic views there too.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
N.Ireland- Views off Scrabo must be right up there. Right down Strangford lough with the Mournes in the background.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Could be here all days with some of the Scottish ones. Auchterarder, The Carrick, Windy Hill all have some wonderful views. Then there's the likes of St Andrews (I agree with whoever said the back 9 with the town just resting on the horizon is great), Turnberry & Gullane (#1 and #2).

D

Deleted member 23270

I don't get the shouts for Sheringham. Decent view from the 5th tee but to be honest the rest of the course is no different to any other seaside course. Some of the other suggestions are infinitely better :thup: