Most Forgiving Driver???

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm currently struggling with my Titleist 913 D3. I love how it feels when I get a good one but far more bad ones that good and as I'm struggling to play to my 18 handicap, I'm beginning to think that perhaps the D3 is a bit above my current ability and I could maybe use some help from a driver that's easier to hit.

Food for thought.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm currently struggling with my Titleist 913 D3. I love how it feels when I get a good one but far more bad ones that good and as I'm struggling to play to my 18 handicap, I'm beginning to think that perhaps the D3 is a bit above my current ability and I could maybe use some help from a driver that's easier to hit.

Food for thought.

While the D3 is marginally smaller than the D2, neither should be hard to hit.

Are you sure you are not trying to smash it beyond the capability of your swing? If that's the case, it's doubtful whether any club (maybe apart from my old 650cc Integra!) is going to be forgiving enough.

Where,on the face, are you missing? Does that actually reflect the shape of the D2?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My biggest issue with a driver is trying to hit up into the ball. If I remember correctly from my D3 fitting, average was 5 degrees down which obviously creates loads of spin and therefore will make the outcome of any other flaws e.g. open face, much worse.

I'm going for a lesson on Sunday so hopefully that will help get me on the right path to hitting it better.