Most expensive buggy hire ever

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Unbelievable. I hope you win the competition after all of that. Very best of luck and let us all know how you get on!

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The simple thing for both sides would have been to allow you to play with the buggy, and get the GP signed cert the following week in retrospect. Failure to produce by, say Tuesday, and you get dq’d and your opponents go to the final. Simples.

Visit site
The simple thing for both sides would have been to allow you to play with the buggy, and get the GP signed cert the following week in retrospect. Failure to produce by, say Tuesday, and you get dq’d and your opponents go to the final. Simples.
I did suggest this also in one of the 30 emails I sent........ nope

Visit site
No one bothered about the £250 for a signature 😳
I was in the docs office for 10 mins 8 of which were in the waiting room it wasn’t just a signature he had to print his name and date it. 🙄 works out at about £10 a letter. Then again I didn’t go to Uni for 7 years.

Visit site
Opening post(almost unable to walk) but wants to play golf.

From someone who suffers spasms and couldn’t play even if he wanted to my question would be why.

Letting a mate down,forget it health comes first
Only been in two name on a board semis including this one my back will get better name will be up there for 100 years!! 😂😂

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I can’t see that anyone comes out of this with any credit.
The one thing we don’t know, is just how much £275 is worth to you, Mr £275 buggy hire - (new member). You may be a member of a “posh” club in the south east where a substantial annual membership is charged, and members comprise fairly wealthy folk, (people who charge £250 for an hours work say,) and this sum is not considered exorbitant.
Having said that, I wouldn’t pay it, it’s only a game of golf and your health is worth so much more.
I would be sure that every competition is run strictly to the rules though..

Visit site
I can’t see that anyone comes out of this with any credit.
The one thing we don’t know, is just how much £275 is worth to you, Mr £275 buggy hire - (new member). You may be a member of a “posh” club in the south east where a substantial annual membership is charged, and members comprise fairly wealthy folk, (people who charge £250 for an hours work say,) and this sum is not considered exorbitant.
Having said that, I wouldn’t pay it, it’s only a game of golf and your health is worth so much more.
I would be sure that every competition is run strictly to the rules though..
Don’t want to be obscure but may be fun to give you a couple of clues I’m not a city banker, private consultants charge 2-300 everywhere and the club in the south west of England, subs are between 1200 and 1400 and I’m a house builder. Tbh it was just the principle in the end it was stupid that that a consultant letter confirming an injury was not sufficient. I am a total stickler for the rules of the game even the ones that don’t to make no sense. The crux of this was they gave me 3 days to get a doctors note which was impossible to get they could have said I had to get the letter before the final was played.

Visit site
Will it be worth it if you do perm damage and can’t play again?
I’ll just have surgery it’s only a slipped disc it’s painful but it’s treatable. It’s not like I have heart Condition and could keel over. Also the consultant says the very worst I can to is to be inactive when I was about to cancel my family ski holiday three weeks ago he said I should go anyway and try to do as much as I could and stop when the pain got too bad also says golf is ok.

D

Deleted member 18588

Easy answer is change the Rules to allow the use of buggies in comps.

We do at our Club.

D

Deleted member 18588

Then you'd need enough buggies for every member to use.

We have 6 and I have never yet seen them all in use.

I completely fail to see what advantage there is to be gained by their use other than permitting those like the OP to play.

It sometimes seems on here that many are looking to make it difficult for people to play rather than encouraging them.