Most expensive buggy hire ever

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ridiculous request and totally out of order from the club. I'd play the game and leave and tell the club I was going public with what they had asked me to do and cost me. I doubt given their attitude whether they'd even consider amending the rules going forward to make it more flexible and less expensive. Best off elsewhere

D

Deleted member 18588

Not at all, but allowing buggies without a policy can lead to problems. Some people see using a buggy as an advantaged, I don't , some people need buggys to enable them to play and some have forgotten how to walk.

Maybe not yourself but I am sure that, like me, you have seen plenty of comments on here that would make you question the mindset of some.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I bet a lot of us will be watching out for the result tomorrow.
Very best of luck, I hope your back is good enough to complete the round, it's obviously important to you.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I suspect we aren't going to change each others minds, but imagine the following situation.

You have gotten through to a 36 hole final. You've never gotten to a final before or even won a trophy. You've got a sore ankle, but will just have to get on with it.

The opposing player submits a request to use a buggy and provides a letter from his doctor dated earlier that year, 6 months ago. You have seen the guy playing through the season and hasn't needed a buggy.

Because the committee let someone use a buggy the previous season without the full and complete current medical certificate, they just wave it through as the guy has a doctors letter.

6 holes in, your ankle is starting to give you jip and it's a warm, late summers day. Meanwhile, your opponent is living it up in the buggy, taking shade while you sweat on the fairways. You are spent in the afternoon round and shake hands with 9 holes to go.

I know that's not the current situation, but its very quickly how these things develop.
In this situation all you have to do is offer the choice of a buggie to anyone in a match who is playing against another buggy user.
This evens things up.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not justifying the clubs stance but in most case u will find clubs bring in extra rules for a reason . Usualy because of an issue / problem that was caused by members
The club may need to review their requirement for permission to use a buggy , but the one thing they definitly have to do is apply the rule or COC that is there . They like members are obliged to play to and abide by the rules ..

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have no issue with the actual rule, but they do need to be more flexible with the 'evidence' required. If medical evidence from a consultant is not sufficient, then the club is simply too inflexible.

Good luck with the match - waiting with anticipation

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Some people see using a buggy as an advantaged, I don't
I was going to make the same point. Whenever I've used a buggy it didn't improve my game.

Come to think of it, my best ever rounds have been while carrying with half of the irons missing.