Montys Book A thinking mans guide to golf.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have had this book for a while (even got it signed by him at Troon)and have read the main instruction pages a few times. My game has got to a stage where I cant keep blaming the clubs/course/weather so had to look at my approach to the game it self. So this week read Part 3 of Montys book The Mental Game(which Ive always Glossed over) only to find that a lot of my faults and bad shots are down to my state of mind or just not thinking while on the course. So with this new found knowledge here's to a great 2011 thanks Monty. ;)

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure Monty talks alot of sense about the mental game, shame he rarely put it into practise. Saying and doing are very different things as they say.

In fairness getting called Mrs. Doubtfire after ever tee shot in the states would have got to me too.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's not a bad book imho. I could take the mental side because of what he put up with and accomplished in the Ryder Cup. The section I couldn't bring myself to read was on fitness, not the first person I'd be going to for fitness advice !

scozzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
each to their own & all that,for me he is horrendous with one or two blatant examples of cheating to boot unpunished while lesser lights get slammed...not what you know tho is it it's who...he drives me mental!