Mobile Scam

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just had an e-mail from my Uncle - thought I'd let you all know. It comes from Lancashire Police.

Dear All

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that he or she is a company engineer, or telling you that they're checking your mobile line, and you have to press #90 or #09 or any other number, end this call immediately without pressing any numbers.

There is a fraud company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your 'SIM' card and make calls at your expense.

Forward this message to as many colleagues, relatives and friends as you can, to stop it.

Many thanks for your time regarding this matter, take care and regards.

Phil Corris
Police Constable/Crime Prevention Officer
Ext 496696 (Internal)
01524 596696 (External)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I hate the world - its full of tossers trying to rack people off.

Thanks Atticus. At least it serves as a reminder to be vigilant with your mobile and computers.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nae bother,

you're right enough, Modern life is rubbish. There's loads of people out there and if they're not trying to scam you, they're just plain annoying you.

I get these things all the time, but I always check them out before sending anything on.
Your intentions were honourable.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Atticus, that webiste you posted Is where I live (well just my folks now) How wierd.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hahaha Herb PM me your number I need to tell you about a great deal I have found on a golfing website. Do you have touch tone? :D