Golf Depot

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yep crazy place. I ordered £250 worth of equipment from him during lockdown. Never arrived so opened up a case on PayPal, that's still going through as he keeps supplying fake tracking info to them. Also left a review and be phoned me threatening to me if I didn't take it down ha

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep crazy place. I ordered £250 worth of equipment from him during lockdown. Never arrived so opened up a case on PayPal, that's still going through as he keeps supplying fake tracking info to them. Also left a review and be phoned me threatening to me if I didn't take it down ha

Same here, had to contact Paypal as he refused to reply to any contact and after a few weeks he offered partial refund which never materialised so I then had to escalate the case. Offered full refund on return of shoes after the deadline was almost up, I didn't add tracking to the Paypal case in time (think I was only give a week or something despite him delaying for about 2 months) and they sided with him :oops:
It was only £23 but the guy is an absolute crook, he knows how to play the game when it comes to refunds, stretches it out as much as he can.
At one point I considered sending them back with some dog poo inside :poop::LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here, had to contact Paypal as he refused to reply to any contact and after a few weeks he offered partial refund which never materialised so I then had to escalate the case. Offered full refund on return of shoes after the deadline was almost up, I didn't add tracking to the Paypal case in time (think I was only give a week or something despite him delaying for about 2 months) and they sided with him :oops:
It was only £23 but the guy is an absolute crook, he knows how to play the game when it comes to refunds, stretches it out as much as he can.
At one point I considered sending them back with some dog poo inside :poop::LOL:
Just send the :poop: minus the shoes, you can sell the shoes on ebay to get your money back. :p

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I called chasing my gloves. He said "call me back later I'm busy" and hung up. I called later and he asked me to send him an email as a reminder.
The gloves didn't arrive and he said he doesn't know what happened so I'll have to request a charge back from my bank!!!

Check out his responses on Google reviews. They are shocking

Chico84

Visit site
Hopefully they've gone under!!!
I was one of the lucky ones with a great bargain on a Mizuno 5 wood. However I’m not sure I’d risk it again. He’s pretty much moved to eBay now under the name of Barry Gibson I believe. All his new stuff seems to go on there and the website isn’t really updated these days.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones with a great bargain on a Mizuno 5 wood. However I’m not sure I’d risk it again. He’s pretty much moved to eBay now under the name of Barry Gibson I believe. All his new stuff seems to go on there and the website isn’t really updated these days.
The Cilit Bang fella?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't say from reading on here that I'm sad to see he's gone or at least switched to e-bay. Never a nice feeling to order stuff and get the wrong gear (although I've had it from other providers) and even worse to get nothing at all and all the hassle that follows getting the money back

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Being in lockdown again I was reminded of the legend which is/was golf depot.
Had a look and the site is still up, not so much on there but a few "lockdown deals".
Anyone been running the gauntlet?

TigerBear

Visit site
Harsh lesson for the OP. Personally I'd never return an online order with any company for this exact reason with no proof of delivery, signed for, etc. You could never prove they received them.

But the response and attitude of the company absolutely stinks. Certainly won't be using them.

Thanks for the heads up OP (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that they'd shut down. Guess that was only temporary? Everything I've read about them beggar's belief, admittedly hilarious since I've never used them and thus not had to deal with it first hand, ha.

Oh, just Googled them and it says 'online only' so I guess he closed the store but is still selling off his stock. There's barely anything on there so strikes me as something of a closing down sale, selling all the old junk.

D

Deleted member 1740

Being in lockdown again I was reminded of the legend which is/was golf depot.
Had a look and the site is still up, not so much on there but a few "lockdown deals".
Anyone been running the gauntlet?

Beezerk has but he's been running in circles with his pair of 2 left foot shoes?