Golf Depot

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have bought many things from online golf shops in the past and all, the likes of Snainton, have been great. I have bought from Golf Depot before, i can't remember specifics, but no problems. I just want to share a recent experience that has angered and annoyed me and means i will never deal with this company again, but wanted to share so you can have a chance to judge for yourself. The story goes

28 April - order Adidas golf shoes
5 May (i think) - shoes arrive
9 May - I try to call the company as shoes are way too tight -the only number i can find is from Google and not on their website, so i email asking how to organise sending back and a refund "Hi, I received my shoes, as per the order below, but they are way too tight (never had this before as 8.5 is usually generous for me). I need to arrange for return and a refund. Please let me know what i need to do. My mobile is xxxx. Also, I tried to phone you several times on the only number I can find - 01244 390827 - and nobody ever picks up. Best Wishes .....
9 May - response - "send to below for refund"
10 May - posted back via post office - normal second class delivery
23 June - I email "
Hi I sent back straight away so you should have received by 11 May. Just checked my latest credit card statement to 20 June and there has so far been no refund. This is 6 weeks. When will you credit this? Best Wishes Paul
[FONT=&quot]23 June "hi , just email proof we have them please , regards"
23 June "my dad posted them at the post office and has a receipt - is this what you want. There was no recorded delivery etc. It was sent back with the original receipt on it so i do not understand why it has not been actioned.
23 June - i received an email showing a track my item" paper receipt, which i had already mentioned i did not have
25 June - getting very angry. "Hi, Please see the receipt from Royal Mail when my father posted the shoes back to you on 11 May. As mentioned in the last mail, this was not done on recorded delivery but just sent to you. You gave me no instructions for sending back other than "send to Golf dept" when I asked how to return it. Please expedite payment in the next 2 days as I am not wasting any more time on it. If I have not received payment and confirmation from you that this refund was done by the end of Tuesday I will escalate with my credit card company and will share my experiences on the main internet golf forums
25 June - customer service exemplified " hi , you can tell your credit card company , you can tell internet forums, you can tell the police , you can come to the store , but the bottom line is you cannot prove we had the shoes ? i am sorry but we do not know where your shoes are also !! no body has signed for them and i have no idea if we have them as you didnt send recorded delivery , or by courier .
do you honestly know we have the shoes ??? sorry ps can you tell me what day we had them and who signed for them and they came to address below ?

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I have bought many things from online golf shops in the past and all, the likes of Snainton, have been great. I have bought from Golf Depot before, i can't remember specifics, but no problems. I just want to share a recent experience that has angered and annoyed me and means i will never deal with this company again, but wanted to share so you can have a chance to judge for yourself. The story goes

28 April - order Adidas golf shoes
5 May (i think) - shoes arrive
9 May - I try to call the company as shoes are way too tight -the only number i can find is from Google and not on their website, so i email asking how to organise sending back and a refund "Hi, I received my shoes, as per the order below, but they are way too tight (never had this before as 8.5 is usually generous for me). I need to arrange for return and a refund. Please let me know what i need to do. My mobile is xxxx. Also, I tried to phone you several times on the only number I can find - 01244 390827 - and nobody ever picks up. Best Wishes .....
9 May - response - "send to below for refund"
10 May - posted back via post office - normal second class delivery
23 June - I email "
Hi I sent back straight away so you should have received by 11 May. Just checked my latest credit card statement to 20 June and there has so far been no refund. This is 6 weeks. When will you credit this? Best Wishes Paul
23 June "hi , just email proof we have them please , regards"
23 June "my dad posted them at the post office and has a receipt - is this what you want. There was no recorded delivery etc. It was sent back with the original receipt on it so i do not understand why it has not been actioned.
23 June - i received an email showing a track my item" paper receipt, which i had already mentioned i did not have
25 June - getting very angry. "Hi, Please see the receipt from Royal Mail when my father posted the shoes back to you on 11 May. As mentioned in the last mail, this was not done on recorded delivery but just sent to you. You gave me no instructions for sending back other than "send to Golf dept" when I asked how to return it. Please expedite payment in the next 2 days as I am not wasting any more time on it. If I have not received payment and confirmation from you that this refund was done by the end of Tuesday I will escalate with my credit card company and will share my experiences on the main internet golf forums
25 June - customer service exemplified " hi , you can tell your credit card company , you can tell internet forums, you can tell the police , you can come to the store , but the bottom line is you cannot prove we had the shoes ? i am sorry but we do not know where your shoes are also !! no body has signed for them and i have no idea if we have them as you didnt send recorded delivery , or by courier .
do you honestly know we have the shoes ??? sorry ps can you tell me what day we had them and who signed for them and they came to address below ?

their final response is snotty and they're not a company I've bought from before (although had others price match em).

But i think it was a little naive to not record the postage. For the sake of a few ££ you could have had peace of kind. eBay taught me that little lesson.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a bit of nightmare mate.Theirr reputation isn't great on here and amazed they are still operating given the way they treat their so called customers.Dont think I will be giving them my business.Hope you get it sorted

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
their final response is snotty and they're not a company I've bought from before (although had others price match em).

But i think it was a little naive to not record the postage. For the sake of a few ££ you could have had peace of kind. eBay taught me that little lesson.

I don't disagree - maybe naive but also i asked them how to do the return an never got a response. i would never buy shoes online again

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought they had smartened up their act, they had different more helpful staff working there. Maybe the leopard can't change its spots after all.

They've a terrible customer service rep especially through the post. Therefore ive only ever shopped instore, and I love the place. Glad it's not closer or I'd be there all the time

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't disagree - maybe naive but also i asked them how to do the return an never got a response. i would never buy shoes online again

It wasn't meant as a dig, apologies if it came off like that.

they have always appeared a little amateur to me. Hope the c/c company sort it.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I live local and locally, their rep is terrible. They do have new staff there but ownership is the same. Every time someone mentions the place in golfing circles, someone's always got a bad experience storey to tell regarding them. They do have some decent stock in and prices are OK. I'd never make a big purchase though, defo not anything I'd maybe have to return.

Fortunately, a rival has popped up in Cheshire Oaks. Hotgolf. They are brilliant.

It's clutching at straws, but contact Royal mail. If you suggest to them the item wasn't delivered, they might be able to prove it was. I'd definitely escalate it with the credit card company too. They'll more than likely refund you and the fraud department may take on the case to chase them up.

D

Deleted member 1740

Paul, like Davemac has said their online reputation isn't great but it's a great little shop for a bargain. I assume their online business isn't well staffed, if you ever want anything picking up from there let me know and I'll get it and post it on to you.

I'd be inclined to get in touch with Royal Mail aswell as speaking to your credit card company.

D

Deleted member 1740

I live local and locally, their rep is terrible. They do have new staff there but ownership is the same. Every time someone mentions the place in golfing circles, someone's always got a bad experience storey to tell regarding them. They do have some decent stock in and prices are OK. I'd never make a big purchase though, defo not anything I'd maybe have to return.

Fortunately, a rival has popped up in Cheshire Oaks. Hotgolf. They are brilliant.

It's clutching at straws, but contact Royal mail. If you suggest to them the item wasn't delivered, they might be able to prove it was. I'd definitely escalate it with the credit card company too. They'll more than likely refund you and the fraud department may take on the case to chase them up.

Hot golf is sound and the owner ( tall fella with specs) is a good fella who'll always do a good deal. Definitely recommend it.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hot golf is sound and the owner ( tall fella with specs) is a good fella who'll always do a good deal. Definitely recommend it.

Yep, would echo this whole heartedly. Always does you a deal, even if you don't ask. Always very welcoming. Good quality stock, staff are very friendly and they have a launch monitor/swing room in back.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Yep, would echo this whole heartedly. Always does you a deal, even if you don't ask. Always very welcoming. Good quality stock, staff are very friendly and they have a launch monitor/swing room in back.

Agree with this. I had a trolley that was faulty, took it into the shop and they rang the Rep on a Saturday, let me speak to him then gave me a brand new one.

In regards to the original post, the email is terrible. I always take the hit though and send it back recorded unless it's free returns, then it's on them

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

I thought Royal Mail have a £30 insured sum for all parcels, with the receipt, you may be able to claim something back. Not that it helps in this case, but for future, always best to send with a minimum of signed for, at least that way you can provide info on it being received.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to be honest I've never had any problems online or instore with Golf Depot but I've never had to return anything. I have rang them before and got through straight away.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Royal Mail compensation is £20 with proof of postage and proof of value of the item. If it was sent recorded compensation is £50. One of the things I look for when buying off websites is they give their address and landline phone number in the "about us" section. Golf Depot returns policy is on their website in the "terms and conditions" section, and as with any other company it says you should return by a signed for service so you have proof of return. If I'm buying clothes or shoes online I always try to go for places with free returns as they supply labels and it's free and less hassle. This shop seems to have a bad reputation and I wouldn't be surprised if they did have your shoes but things do go missing in transit, the last item I returned to Amazon went missing but I had my receipt and the courier confirmed collection and I got my refund OK.

G

guest100718

Got to be honest I've never had any problems online or instore with Golf Depot but I've never had to return anything. I have rang them before and got through straight away.

Yeah same here.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Never used them and very surprised at their wording in the last reply (I imagine its what many retailers often want to say but never do)

fyi, I know its with hindsight but this was on their website on returns (my bold):
"We recommend that You use a reputable courier or Recorded Delivery. Please retain any proof of posting, receipt or tracking number for any item returned as We cannot accept responsibility for Goods until signed for by Us"

edit: just saw pool added some similar info

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sadly, I don't think you'll have much joy with Royal Mail as it wasn't recorded delivery, and as such they have no log. As has been stated for items like this I always post recorded delivery - an expensive lesson learnt.
I rarely buy on line due to the hassle, i.e. sending things back etc. However I use online sites as a bargaining tool and then buy from American Golf as they price match and find their service excellent.
Their reply was disgraceful and shows how unprofessional they are.
Good luck, I hope you get it sorted

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought they had smartened up their act, they had different more helpful staff working there. Maybe the leopard can't change its spots after all.

They've a terrible customer service rep especially through the post. Therefore ive only ever shopped instore, and I love the place. Glad it's not closer or I'd be there all the time

I agree and I'm also glad it's not close to me. Some good bargains in there. It's like an alladins cave. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole online for anything other than golf balls.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've been into Golf Depot a number of times and agree with the term Aladdins cave. Going there for a good root around digs up some good bargains.
However I've read enough iffy reviews to not deal with them online.
I would also say that I wouldn't send anything back without PoD. All you have is proof of posting I'm afraid.