Golf Depot

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a letter from my CC company today informing me of a refund, although it states that the retailer (not what i would call them) could challenge it. Anyway, end of this chapter and i will never go near these cowboys again!

D

Deleted member 1740

I had a letter from my CC company today informing me of a refund, although it states that the retailer (not what i would call them) could challenge it. Anyway, end of this chapter and i will never go near these cowboys again!

Good news,at least your not out of pocket.

I was in there today, I never bought nothing but was tempted.

D

Deleted member 1740

don't do it Stu!

Haha it's one of those shops where when you go in, you automatically see a great deal on loads of gear.

I only tend to buy balls from him though just in case due. Some good priced 2nd hand M2 gear.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was getting their emails up to yesterday when I unsubscribed as I wouldn't be prepared to take a risk given their shoddy service

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

You've done well with no proof of return.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted

I find myself really hoping the retailer did screw up the return as it’ll mean they got their just deserts

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i just received a pair of adidas golf trousers that where reduced to £6. they arrived today. Just checked their site and they are back at £19.99.

I'm happy

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Price is king. Unfortunately this is exactly the type of company that can survive bad service for a prolonged period.

They've been running well in spite of a terrible reputation for years, and you know what, I'm in the Chester area this weekend and will more than likely pop in, though hearing about a better place in Cheshire Oaks I might have a look in there first!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They've been running well in spite of a terrible reputation for years, and you know what, I'm in the Chester area this weekend and will more than likely pop in, though hearing about a better place in Cheshire Oaks I might have a look in there first!

Thatll be Hotgolf? Don't be fooled tho, it's not in the retail park. I spent ages looking round for it :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

Probably for the best, getting onto Cheshire Oaks at the weekend is a right pain in the Wenger

It's over the other side near the Lexus Garage, turn left out Cheshire Oaks to the M53 roundabout, take the 2nd exit and it's on the left hand side.

It's not as big as golf depot though.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Bit embarrassed to say I buy most of my balls from them as they do some cracking offers. Never had any problems but I suppose other than outright fraud there is little that can go wrong with buying golf balls.

Interesting to see the story is about adidas shoes as I may have got the wrong impression over time but from my (limited) experience adidas golf shoes are always a bit on the snug side and I'd never buy them off the internet as the sizing is way out (again in my limited experience of a couple of pairs a few years ago) .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit embarrassed to say I buy most of my balls from them as they do some cracking offers. Never had any problems but I suppose other than outright fraud there is little that can go wrong with buying golf balls.

Interesting to see the story is about adidas shoes as I may have got the wrong impression over time but from my (limited) experience adidas golf shoes are always a bit on the snug side and I'd never buy them off the internet as the sizing is way out (again in my limited experience of a couple of pairs a few years ago) .

I love the price of their Pro v1s (this year)
RRP £42.00
Our Price £42.00

lol !!

GolfingMan

Visit site
I know this is an old thread but is this place still open? The website is down,, I live up the road and this place is an amazing shop. Aladdin’s cave of golf. Prices are the cheapest about. Fella that runs it is the possibly the angriest person I’ve ever seen in retail but it’s part of the journey in going there. I’ve seen him throw someone out spending in excess of £1k because they asked for a free box to post there old clubs on eBay at the till, he even refused to sell him the clubs and put them back on the shelf. Apparently he’s the biggest importer if TM equipment in the North supplies all the pro shops and stuff. Shop there and you just have to accept let’s say and undulating level of customer service he will generally take all clubs back for a slightly lower price than you paid but ask first!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but is this place still open? The website is down,, I live up the road and this place is an amazing shop. Aladdin’s cave of golf. Prices are the cheapest about. Fella that runs it is the possibly the angriest person I’ve ever seen in retail but it’s part of the journey in going there. I’ve seen him throw someone out spending in excess of £1k because they asked for a free box to post there old clubs on eBay at the till, he even refused to sell him the clubs and put them back on the shelf. Apparently he’s the biggest importer if TM equipment in the North supplies all the pro shops and stuff. Shop there and you just have to accept let’s say and undulating level of customer service he will generally take all clubs back for a slightly lower price than you paid but ask first!
During lockdown there was about 6 pages dedicated to the "golf depot lottery "on the "I bought today" thread
Yeah a few people got some good bargains, while others order a Taylor Made driver and received a pair of two left foot shoes or something. And if it's wrong they just tell you to sling your hook instead of sorting out a proper refund. Crazy way to run a business but they seem to get by! I wouldn't go near them after all the stories I've read here.