Doors and windows - why?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
BTW, is there any benefit in having leaded Windows ... Some of the houses around us have them while others don't.. forum view?

Getting a window cleaner can be tougher, they hate them :smirk:

PM sent

V

vkurup

Getting a window cleaner can be tougher, they hate them :smirk:

PM sent

I was thinking more in terms of leaded windows in double glazing.. I have never been near one, but i was assuming that the leaded rods are sandwiched between the glass panes so should not be an issue for a window cleaner (but i could be wrong)

tnx for the PM

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I was thinking more in terms of leaded windows in double glazing.. I have never been near one, but i was assuming that the leaded rods are sandwiched between the glass panes so should not be an issue for a window cleaner (but i could be wrong)

tnx for the PM

Ask Justin about them, he'll advise you as he has his own manufacturing factory so there's nothing he can't do.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Only really had to deal with these big companies a couple of times. Once was a bit of a mare where they fitted one window fine, so we went back to them a year later for an identical window in another room and they screwed it up. They sent the wrong window which they then tried to install, despite me telling them it was the wrong one (the guy that did the quote/measurements was very sloppy and didn't write everything down correctly, despite the fact it was literally identical to the one they had previously installed). Then they tried to charge me more for installing the one I'd actually ordered in the 1st place. That was about 10 years ago in my old house, and they still ring me to this day every month or so asking if I want new windows, despite me telling them every time I have moved house and to take me off their call list.

And the only other time was when I got a quote for a few new windows and door in my current house. The initial quote as 36 grand! I told him I just wanted a few windows, not a 2 bedroom extension. And I couldn't be bothered to start the whole negotiation process as I told them I as supposed to be dealing with a modern company, not haggling like I was buying some fake tat in the Silk Market in Beijing. Surely these companies should just have a price and that's it? You know, work out your costs, add in a gross margin and there you go.