Mobile phone charging issue

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've just come off the phone from my company mobile "help desk" where I almost lost the will to live. After having to spell out pretty much everything to the consultant, I'm still no further forward, so I thought I would ask the worthy people on this forum for their advice.
I have a Samsung S10 which will not charge if I plug the cable into the charge port. However, if I leave the cable in and restart my phone, then it starts charging. I have tried the following:
Cleaning out the USB-C port on my phone (notorious for clogging up with fluff, etc.)

Tried different cables
Tried different chargers
Tried other phones on the same chargers / cables (all charge fine)

I imagine it must be a software rather than a hardware issue but I'm not sure what to try apart from a full reset of my phone. I can do this but it is a pain as I have to configure the whole phone to work with our company portal again.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've just come off the phone from my company mobile "help desk" where I almost lost the will to live. After having to spell out pretty much everything to the consultant, I'm still no further forward, so I thought I would ask the worthy people on this forum for their advice.
I have a Samsung S10 which will not charge if I plug the cable into the charge port. However, if I leave the cable in and restart my phone, then it starts charging. I have tried the following:
Cleaning out the USB-C port on my phone (notorious for clogging up with fluff, etc.)

Tried different cables
Tried different chargers

I imagine it must be a software rather than a hardware issue but I'm not sure what to try apart from a full reset of my phone. I can do this but it is a pain as I have to configure the whole phone to work with our company portal again.

Thanks in advance.

Cant help how to resolve the phone issue but if you have to have a company phone and they cant fix the issue id ask them to provide you with a replacement, already configured to work on your portal

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Tried different cables
Tried different chargers

Thanks in advance.

Is it not charging or is it just that the charging graphic is not showing on the screen.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’d be either…
A. Getting my company to send me a new phone.
B. Just restarting it when I need to charge it, it’s still a reasonably decent phone so shouldn’t take long.
C. Bite the bullet and do a factory reset, if that doesn’t work then A all the way.

As for the actual problem, I agree it does sound like software. Have you tried searching Google/Reddit etc?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Tried different cables
Tried different chargers

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried plugging it into the 12v charging socket of an EV?

😉😇

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Cant help how to resolve the phone issue but if you have to have a company phone and they cant fix the issue id ask them to provide you with a replacement, already configured to work on your portal
If it is a company phone then ...............
I could get it replaced, and that is the ultimate solution but it's still perfectly good for work and I hate to get rid of a phone if it can be easily fixed. I got it in October 2019 so it's not even 4 years old. I know things have progressed but for work it does everything I need.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I’d be either…
A. Getting my company to send me a new phone.
B. Just restarting it when I need to charge it, it’s still a reasonably decent phone so shouldn’t take long.
C. Bite the bullet and do a factory reset, if that doesn’t work then A all the way.

As for the actual problem, I agree it does sound like software. Have you tried searching Google/Reddit etc?
All good options and I am doing B at the moment. A & C is something I'll do if I have to.
I've tried looking on Google and Reddit and no joy at the moment.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wife had similar on her S9. Despite trying nearly everything (factory reset wasn't an option), we came to the conclusion that the battery had come to end of its useful life. So she got a new phone.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Wife had similar on her S9. Despite trying nearly everything (factory reset wasn't an option), we came to the conclusion that the battery had come to end of its useful life. So she got a new phone.
That's the daft thing. The battery is fine, the phone charges after reboot, just not when you plug it in when it is switched on. Last option could be a wireless charger but as I don't think it's a hardware issue, I am not sure that will help.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Note 9, and charge it every night on a 3rd party wireless pad, it's so much easier. The only time I plug a lead in to charge is if the phones had more than normal use during the day then I plug it into the 12v socket and charge it with a lead.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I have the Note 9, and charge it every night on a 3rd party wireless pad, it's so much easier. The only time I plug a lead in to charge is if the phones had more than normal use during the day then I plug it into the 12v socket and charge it with a lead.
Yeah, I'm going to try to get one as well. It's a pity neither my personal phone or my missus phone support wireless charging.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I could get it replaced, and that is the ultimate solution but it's still perfectly good for work and I hate to get rid of a phone if it can be easily fixed. I got it in October 2019 so it's not even 4 years old. I know things have progressed but for work it does everything I need.
Can you not just ask you another one without this fault?

Have you checked Samsung forums?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's not charging. I had it plugged in for a while and it the battery just drained as normal.
This seemed to work for me with a Samsung I used to use. Was recently having trouble charging my iPhone XR. Cotton buds and wife’s nail polish remover applier to lightning cable contact points seems to have done the trick.