Mizuno wedge fitting

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was lucky enough to be picked to take part in the mizuno wedge fitting next week at Bearwood lakes and I am chuffed to bits!

I have been eyeing up a set of mizuno wedges to compliment my irons but with a 3 month old baby the wife would kill me if I brought any!

Very greatful for the opportunity and really looking forward to the experience!
Best get my haircut if my mugshot is going to be in the magazine!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done chap delighted for you! Couldn't enter, away with work. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with them and moreso what the fitting entails/reveals

Get in!

:whoo:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I put my name down for this as BL is just around the corner from me and my wedges and wedge play could have done with a overhaul.

Any way I think I've worn out the refresh button on my keyboard so it wont be me, but enjoy the experience and course if you get out for some holes.:thup:

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
congrats to you both. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

I was lucky enough to be selected for one of the GM fitting days and they really look after you and provide a great experience.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
congrats to you both. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

I was lucky enough to be selected for one of the GM fitting days and they really look after you and provide a great experience.

Thank you, really looking forward to it.

My current wedges are 15/16 years old so will be fascinated to see the difference in spin rates with some nice sharp grooves

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a really good afternoon despite the weather!
The guys from Mizuno were sound, knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable etc.
The GM guys were great too and it was nice to meet Simon who was a nice chap too.
The wedges felt good to hit and very happy to be getting a set of wedges that fit in and continue from my irons.
Hopefully will have a bit more consistency in the scoring clubs now.
Interesting to talk about bounce and lofts etc too.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a really good afternoon despite the weather!
The guys from Mizuno were sound, knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable etc.
The GM guys were great too and it was nice to meet Simon who was a nice chap too.
The wedges felt good to hit and very happy to be getting a set of wedges that fit in and continue from my irons.
Hopefully will have a bit more consistency in the scoring clubs now.
Interesting to talk about bounce and lofts etc too.

What have you learned about loft and bounce and what did they fit you for?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What have you learned about loft and bounce and what did they fit you for?

I was fitted for 50*, 54* & 58* wedges all with low bounce.
We spoke about loft gaps that fit in with my irons as my PW is 46* and it would keep it all consistent through the bag, that was pretty much common sense to be fair but I wasnt as aware of the effects on bounce though.
The fitter had me play a variety of different shots with different wedges and asked me how to I like to play the shots, ball position etc. He also asked where I would play most of my golf, typical turf conditions etc.

It then became fairly clear that low bounce was best for me as I like to play a lot of short game shots off the back foot and have the leading edge almost clipping the ball away (if that makes sense?).