Mizuno MP630 any good?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
seen these for 69.99, was fancying the 12 degree regular as I have a feeling my nike 10.5 stiff is a little bit unforgiving for my lowly abilities.

worth a punt?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
had another twist, snainton golf doing nike str8 fit shafts for 69.99.. so could just get a regular shaft for my nike instead.... decisions, decisions

and I have a slice-a-roony :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the fabuki shaft on the MP630 is excellent so well worth £70 for the new club, I like the smaller head as well.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have you got the Voodoo SV6 shaft in the Nike or the Project X Stiff. The Voodoo gives a higher trajectory and I found the Project X to be stiffer in comparrison.

I use the 11.5 degree Nike head and get a high flight with a lot of carry but little roll. It's more forgiving than the 10.5 due to the extra loft but in hindsight I should have got the 10.5 degree which would give me a more penetrating flight and more roll.

Another club to consider is the Diablo Edge Tour which also has a 450cc head but is 1 degree open . It gets good reviews and should be as long as the Nike. I've ordered one from online golf on special at £79.99 which hould arrive by the end of the week. If it doesn't work out I may be interested in your Nike at the right price if you decide to go for the Mizuno.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I find the Voodoo plays between a stiff and regular and is rated for 95-105 swing speed however I'm not sure if the Prolaunch is slightly lower launch. The feedback and kick from the voodoo is excellent and even with the VR 3 wood with a stiff shaft I get a good mid penetrating flight.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've just checked out the price for the Voodoo SV6 £219 :mmm: If somebody gives me £90 I'll throw in the 11.5 degree driver head as well as the shaft