Mizuno - MP T or Mizuno - MP R

cloudstrife

Hacker
Visit site
Looking at getting a new wedge and like the look of the Mizuno - MP T and the Mizuno - MP R, but what is the difference between them and what is better chrome or black nickel?

Any help is much appreciated.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have both in my bag. Check my sig out for details

The MP T + R have different head shapes and are finished in a different way. Check out the Mizuno website for more info, however, I can recommend them both if your playing well but they will really punish you on bad shots.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use the 'R' series because I prefer the shape , the rounded shape of the T series just didnt look right to me

I do get on really well with them though , nice feel and control and plenty of zip on the ball

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
I would avoid both. The groove technology is dated (2005) and they suit low handicappers. I had an MP-R black nickel gap wedge and loved the look, but just couldn't get on with it. The last time i used it I smacked it against my bag and the shaft snapped.......rather stupid no?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I would agree that the groove technology is a little dated. However in my limited knowledge I would say that milled faced wedges are more difficult for an ametuer to control the spin of from one shot to another. It all depends on the consistency of the strike.

The Mizuno wedges, and their ilk, I would suggest are probably more predictable regarding the amount of roll out you get with each short when compared to milled face models. If that's the correct terminology.

It really depends if you're a consistent ball striker regarding the amount of spin you get from one shot to the next. I just find the MP series a bit more predictable than a milled face.

Personal choice 'an all that.