Mizuno mp range hitting shops next week

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just curious to see if anyone else on the forum will be heading down to their pro or fitting centre to try these? Really interested in how th will perform vs my ap2 and also the pricing of them. Also does anyone know if the jpx will have a price drop due to these being released?

D

Deleted member 1740

Just curious to see if anyone else on the forum will be heading down to their pro or fitting centre to try these? Really interested in how th will perform vs my ap2 and also the pricing of them. Also does anyone know if the jpx will have a price drop due to these being released?

I'm very tempted, I've had my current jpx800 pro for 6yrs and though I flirted with a ugly set of ping earlier in the year, I saw sense and reverted back to my mizuno's.

Definitely time to have a nosey at least.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I might be having a looking at them. Might have a fitting booked for when I get back from my golf holiday. Might have a combo set in mind... SC/MB. 😁

Cant see a JPX price reduction as the MPs are not a replacement but a compliment.
I would guess the JPX900 will start yo reduce when the JPX950 are announced sometime early/mid next year.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I was keen on these but apparently the blades don't come for us special people who stand the other side of the ball

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are nice granted. I've always lusted after Mizzys, even when I've owned them and been non plussed.

With out wanting to be antagonistic.... ;-)

Srixon' most recent offerings are (IMO) sexier and better feeling. They also score much higher in the testing I have seen.

And are cheaper..

Right through the bag (except wedge of course)

Lovely things

"Lights fuse and walks away....."

D

Deleted member 1418

I'll definitely be taking a look! Am also taking a look at Orka too.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I tested the MP18 musclebacks last week and should have my set early next week, they really are superb.
Nothingfeelslikeamizuno.

I believe they can be picked up from a good Pro for just under £700 (4-pw) with no uplift for shaft selection.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are the muscle backs the normal mp28 or the mP MMC?

The MP18 (with no letters after) is the "pure" MB of the range with the MMC being multi material cavity "blade" styled like a muscle back.
I am looking at 5-7 in Split Cavity and 8-PW in the pure muscle back. Think cost wise I was quoted £749 for what i am after and as HankM says, Mizzy tend not to charge for shaft selection, unlike many others.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my mate expects the heads for his demo cart this week, already has the shafts. def gice them a try once he has them in and quite like the look of the hybrids and hifli iron replacements, though those are not due till spring

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My pro says he will; get these in next wednesday. Im thinking maybe a split set with MMC in longer irons and SC in the 7-pw looking forward to trying them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My pro says he will; get these in next wednesday. Im thinking maybe a split set with MMC in longer irons and SC in the 7-pw looking forward to trying them.

would be interesting as to if there is any difference in the lofts of the 3 variants. Prev with mizuno there have been, unlike with the Srixon which are all the same lofts though the 3 versions on their irons which make a mixed set easier to match up.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never owned any other irons apart from Mizuno's.

Must resist the temptation to test as I know I will cave in and get yet another set.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
would be interesting as to if there is any difference in the lofts of the 3 variants. Prev with mizuno there have been, unlike with the Srixon which are all the same lofts though the 3 versions on their irons which make a mixed set easier to match up.

Not so dear boy, some of the irons between 765 and 965 are a degree out. PW is the same but some are not.
This is the first multimodel MP range that Mizuno have produced so be interesting to see.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not so dear boy, some of the irons between 765 and 965 are a degree out. PW is the same but some are not.
This is the first multimodel MP range that Mizuno have produced so be interesting to see.

it will they do look nice, thinking the muscle back with DG X100 shafts. though i'm hitting the Mp4 pretty well;)