Mizuno JPX850 first "official" pictures

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
in what way?

Design, colour. A vertical sliding weight on the driver, compression channels on the fairways and hybrids. Mizuno have made nothing like it as far as I know. Yes the MP600 and 630 had the "fast track" option but both were of a 'rotary' type adjust. The 850 looks fairly linear.
Colour, no previously non-black wood from Mizuno.
Compression style channels on the fairways and hybrids, all previous incarnations of Mizuno woods and hybrids have been fairly standard.

The irons look familiar to the 825 and 825 pro range though.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are you going to opt for from the range? I keep saying no new driver but that does look bloody good.

Going to have a fitting to see what it concludes - but would be amazed if it isn't either 850 Pro or MP H5 - I have a voucher for the fitting and clubs that I bought in a charity auction so don't anticipate buying last year's models!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have to say, the looks don't really do it for me but the driver does look to have loads of technology although I'm not looking to replace my Titleist 910 at the moment.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I get the Mizuno love in for irons (I've had 4 sets and still have 1) not their woods though, Mizuno have never made a decent wood imo

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get the Mizuno love in for irons (I've had 4 sets and still have 1) not their woods though, Mizuno have never made a decent wood imo

What have you tired recently? Their reputation wasn't that great but I've just been trying out a JPX 800 driver and I think it is great. Good trajectory and distance and a nice sound. Even my playing partners have commented on it. It will be staying in the bag so will need to change signature.